Captain
# 11
01-22-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
With what you currently have, yes. What is available? No. The Imperial still vastly out-strips the Excel in damage output, but loses out in tankiness.
The "Imperial"?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 12
01-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
The "Imperial"?
The Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit comes with the Imperial-class Assault Cruiser skin, which was formerly available in the C-Store (in fact, I'm fairly certain anyone with the skin right now has it as a legacy unlock). Thus, the Fleet Assault Cruiser could be called the Imperial.

I'm not sure it "vastly" outstrips the Fleet Excelsior in damage potential... With the Excelsior's higher turn rate, it's better suited to the all-cannons Aux to Battery builds. (I say this begrudgingly... the Assault Cruiser has been playing second fiddle to the Excelsior Retrofit for a long time now, though I strongly prefer the Sovereign and Regent hulls to the Excelsior's, especially since the latter lacks a 2409 skin)

Last edited by mandoknight89; 01-22-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Captain
# 13
01-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
The Fleet Assault Cruiser Refit comes with the Imperial-class Assault Cruiser skin, which was formerly available in the C-Store (in fact, I'm fairly certain anyone with the skin right now has it as a legacy unlock). Thus, the Fleet Assault Cruiser could be called the Imperial.

I'm not sure it "vastly" outstrips the Fleet Excelsior in damage potential... With the Excelsior's higher turn rate, it's better suited to the all-cannons Aux to Battery builds. (I say this begrudgingly... the Assault Cruiser has been playing second fiddle to the Excelsior Retrofit for a long time now, though I strongly prefer the Sovereign and Regent hulls to the Excelsior's, especially since the latter lacks a 2409 skin)
The vastly out-strips was due to it's more tactical slots/ability to acquire them. And since it has equal weapon and tactical console slots, that greater access to tactical abilities gives it a much higher damage potential.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 14
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
also you must realize that the exploration cruiser is in no shape or form a DPS cruiser. It is however an "OK" support cruiser...but as said already, there are better support cruisers.

however if you specifically want the saucer separation on your cruiser, go and get the ops oddy, or the whole bundle.

If you are just looking for a good fed cruiser, then get the fleet excelsior...an excellent ship, but not a real support cruiser.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 15
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Well, I suppose I'll have to go with the Excelsior -> Fleet Excelsior then. My priority is having a good tanker first, DPS second. My Dreadnought already does the job at doing marginally better DPS and good tanking compared to the Galaxy Retrofit, so I don't need another damage-inclined cruiser.

But thanks anyways - don't get me wrong, the Regent does look good, with its tactical spots, ship look and 180-degree quantum launcher. It's just not what I'm looking for right now if I'm to stay alive as long as possible in PVP matches.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!