Starfleet Veteran
# 171
01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
What possible sense then does it make to build new content for something that only a tiny fraction of your players can actually use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Exactly.

Also I have to say every time I read a post going "we have a small team and cannot do this because we are small" I have to wonder ... OK, no interiors because you are too small BUT every two-three month we get a new bridge interior ... for a privileged few.
Why? To make some things more exclusive. More special. Some people manage to get them, others don't. Like tickets to the superbowl. On a much smaller scale, of course, but you know what I mean.

Brandon, you seem to be answering questions about the new lockbox except for the question regarding about whether the same toon has to own the bug ship in order to get the attack ship carrier pets. I think it's becoming clear that you're answering by not answering...
Rihannsu
# 172
01-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Feds have had free dedicated science vessels for a while now. Klingons still don't have a free science vessel (BoPs do not count as they do not have the hull nor the shield bonus innate to science vessels). YOu can even use your Brigadier General ship token to get one. So you see, for everything you think you have been doing without for the past three years, the other side has done without more.
The point I was making is that this isn't the first carrier Feds have gotten access to. But at the same time, Feds have no free carriers at all.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Rihannsu
# 173
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Why? To make some things more exclusive. More special. Some people manage to get them, others don't. Like tickets to the superbowl. On a much smaller scale, of course, but you know what I mean.

Brandon, you seem to be answering questions about the new lockbox except for the question regarding about whether the same toon has to own the bug ship in order to get the attack ship carrier pets. I think it's becoming clear that you're answering by not answering...
He stated that directly. A single char must have both for the bugship fighters to be purchasable. It does come with a fighter wing though(AFAIK).
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 174
01-22-2013, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarek01 View Post
To repeat some previous posts, I think it is kinda overkill that STO is making every faction's ship available widely to Fed/Kling factions. Honestly, I think that we should see these other factions (rom, dom, card, ferengi, etc.) made available to play... Then again, this request has been made since day 1 of STO, pretty much, and still seems to be pacified by releasing these "substitutes".

I say that PW needs to hit the nail on the head and move forward by making more playable factions rather than merely releasing their ships to... Starfleet... and The Klingon Empire... after all, I believe that a true klingon would much rather fly a bird of prey or a negh var than a dominion ship... respectively the same for a starfleet officer.
Cryptic is counting on lockboxes to sustain revenue and by doing so shooting themselves in the foot. While the boxes may provide a sizable quick boost, it will be impossible for them to create these factions for future extended content by releasing all these ships and content through the boxes in the small amount of time since the first box. In effect, Cryptic is actively shortening the longevity of their own game.
All cloaks should be canon.
Captain
# 175
01-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
The point I was making is that this isn't the first carrier Feds have gotten access to. But at the same time, Feds have no free carriers at all.
But at the same time, Klingons have no free science vessels at all.
Captain
# 176
01-22-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Why? To make some things more exclusive.
When there is a large team they can do that, I am pointing its hard to feel sympathy when when we talk about lack of content to everyone play and resources are being used on shinny new toys for a wealthy minority.

That begs the question, what are you even going to use thise new ships on anyway? Replaying the same old content we had since about a year ago?

Also you know what I would pay for? a Ferengi option for the KDF with a upgradable D'Kora but that is not going to happen because they are not even giving the options of "OK, you can unlock these non-allied races to play as either side and with their specific ships" that I would say at least it would be something, I would even pay 5000 Zen for it but no, its on a lockbox for a few to feel "extra special".

Congratulations, you are a special snowflake on a empty sandbox.

Last edited by f2pdrakron; 01-22-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Captain
# 177
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
When there is a large team they can do that, I am pointing its hard to feel sympathy when when we talk about lack of content to everyone play and resources are being used on shinny new toys for a wealthy minority.

That begs the question, what are you even going to use thise new ships on anyway? Replaying the same old content we had since about a year ago?

Also you know what I would pay for? a Ferengi option for the KDF with a upgradable D'Kora but that is not going to happen because they are not even giving the options of "OK, you can unlock these non-allied races to play as either side and with their specific ships" that I would say at least it would be something, I would even pay 5000 Zen for it but no, its on a lockbox for a few to feel "extra special".

Congratulations, you are a special snowflake on a empty sandbox.
Essentially every ship is reduced to a Tuffli freighter as we spend our time flying around to the various Doff missions and making Kessel runs. When not ferrying supplies and/or colonists, we sit in spacedock waiting on the same old STF queues to pop for faction reputation just to acquire items we used to get by running those STFs. Empty sandbox indeed.
Empire Veteran
# 178
01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
My view on this is a few things have to be changed in the way this is going to unfold before myself and anyone else that has opposed this thing of needing the attack ship and a carrier to buy very rare carrier pets for this.

#1. First off it should only be a requirement that you have to have a Jem Hadar Carrier to purchase them that is not a big compromise to get them. Although I could see the balance there in someone just dropping them in a vo'quv or atrox without owning an actual Jem Hadar Carrier.

#2. If you guys feel it to get your jollies off that we own a ship + a jem hadar carrier just make it where you have to own 1 mirror ship from that pack so that players can easily just buy one off exchange if need be and gets your jollies off and pleases most people or whatever.

#3. If these are going to be per toon and not account wide you guys need to up this drop rate of a trillionth of a percent drop rate for these things. It's not like most asian grindfests where every player has 1 toon they play and then some banking toons a lot of us veterans have like 20+ toons.

#4. Make having an LTS account mean something with these lockboxes because its the foundation of this game now is to grind nonstop without getting to enjoy anything. So if thats what its going to be then make it worth the chunk of change every LTS player has dropped into this game (We might not be paying customer anymore but a lot of veterans who are still committed to the game are the ones who are pushing forward all the noobs you want/are getting money from so we would like some respect when it comes to doing your jobs for you )
Captain
# 179
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
This is very nice indeed. I will get a few keys to try it. But, I will not go through a lot just to get the ship. Since I'm saving up zen points for a new cruiser or the Vesta.
Career Officer
# 180
01-22-2013, 06:12 PM

how is the zen store life? It would be better if they just sold the ships directly instead of these perfect world lockboxes. i miss the old cryptic, run by... not pw.