Rihannsu
# 181
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madblooddoll View Post
i miss the old cryptic, run by... not pw.
Let me put this way, I know enough to say you might want to rethink that phrase.

Besides we have a lot of F2P games that dont do .. this.
Lieutenant
# 182
01-22-2013, 06:19 PM
Dear BranFlakes,

You and your team rawk! I don't overly care about the new ships, but the fact that we have the option to upgrade our current jem hadar space and ground sets to mark 12 makes me a happy camper. I currently use the space set on my fleet saber and have three BOff's with the ground set. I do have one question, for the mini-gun though...does it work as a set piece with the current Jem Hadar PSG and armor or is it a completely separate entity?

Thanks!
Ensign
# 183
01-22-2013, 06:24 PM
This is clearly the most feature packed lockbox yet, and the potential prizes are definitely first rate.

BUT, it's getting to be a bit much, as box after box rolls out, with the same super-low drop rate, and the same insanely expensive keys needed to open them. Keeping track of rare Doffs and consoles are one thing, but there are so many ships available to both factions now, it's literally impossible to keep them straight, or even figure out whether changing ships is worth it or not. And that's before the Mirror universe, temporal, and other lockbox ships appeared.

I get that it's all about revenue, but can we get a reorganization of the ship classes?
Starfleet Veteran
# 184
01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Dominion ships, meh. Dominion DOFFs, heck yes!

More Pokedoffs to collect. Can't beat that.
Empire Veteran
# 185
01-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoffjoseph View Post
This is clearly the most feature packed lockbox yet, and the potential prizes are definitely first rate.

BUT, it's getting to be a bit much, as box after box rolls out, with the same super-low drop rate, and the same insanely expensive keys needed to open them. Keeping track of rare Doffs and consoles are one thing, but there are so many ships available to both factions now, it's literally impossible to keep them straight, or even figure out whether changing ships is worth it or not. And that's before the Mirror universe, temporal, and other lockbox ships appeared.

I get that it's all about revenue, but can we get a reorganization of the ship classes?
Yeah and like most games its so user unfriendly. It should be that boffs learn a skill and you don't have to relearn it unless you just go and buy a flew of 4-5 boffs per ship so it will remember it should be as easy as a click to go and change ships with the weapons saved and all that good jazz. Unfortunately the customer or player is not on top of the list but their money is the only thing a player is worth with this age of corporate run mmorpgs.
Career Officer
# 186
01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
I would like to be able to use some of those fighters on my atrox. It's in desperate need of new fighters.

..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino
Captain
# 187
01-22-2013, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoffjoseph View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Yeah and like most games its so user unfriendly. It should be that boffs learn a skill and you don't have to relearn it unless you just go and buy a flew of 4-5 boffs per ship so it will remember it should be as easy as a click to go and change ships with the weapons saved and all that good jazz. Unfortunately the customer or player is not on top of the list but their money is the only thing a player is worth with this age of corporate run mmorpgs.
Under the present format, it's not worth it as often as they keep pumping out ships. You pay for the modules. You pay for the ships even if it's just for the special console. You pay for the keys, if not directly but someone does. Then you still must pay for the respec.

As I've stated before, the captain specs as they exist now should be tied to the ship being commanded not to the captain. Whether or not the captain has a personal disposition toward stealth is irrelevant. It is the ship that must be stealthy. The same can be said of hull plating, warp core potential, etc.
All cloaks should be canon.
Rihannsu
# 188
01-22-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloctoad View Post
Under the present format, it's not worth it as often as they keep pumping out ships. You pay for the modules. You pay for the ships even if it's just for the special console. You pay for the keys, if not directly but someone does. Then you still must pay for the respec.

As I've stated before, the captain specs as they exist now should be tied to the ship being commanded not to the captain. Whether or not the captain has a personal disposition toward stealth is irrelevant. It is the ship that must be stealthy. The same can be said of hull plating, warp core potential, etc.
While I can understand this like of thinking, it'd require them to completely overhaul the skill tree.... AGAIN! It was bad enough the first time.

Oh and.... Hypnotoad says buy more keys....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 189
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
I have just one simple wish, I'd like to know the odds of winning a ship and how its calculated.
After spending the equivalent of a cstore ship + more on the last box and not winning sfa it would be nice to have some improvement on the odds.
Funny thing is I have been told the Aus gov is looking into online games as some may infringe there online gambling laws.
Starfleet Veteran
# 190
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by londo50 View Post
Funny thing is I have been told the Aus gov is looking into online games as some may infringe there online gambling laws.
The Australian government is the biggest toothless tiger out there... Gillard & Co won't do anything about this stuff because they simply do not understand anything to do with the internet (just listen to Conroy... that man has no clue!). Unfortunately it could mean that they come up with some crazy law that has some adverse effect on the game... but to be realistic the chances of that happening are bugger all to none.

And anyway... the gambling argument has been done to death... its not gambling - you always get something for your money - there is NO real risk - there is just a risk that you will not get something that you want (and that doesn't classify as getting ripped off cos you still got something you were told you could get).