Captain
# 121
01-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
How is it a retcon? First Contact is the reason they were there...
Quite possibly the biggest Star Trek Retcon ever says hello.

But even discounting that, knowing Picard, you honestly expect me to believe they didn't comb the planet for Borg to make sure that didn't happen? Or Temporal Investigations? It was just a lazy excuse to shoehorn the Borg into Enterprise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Lt. Commander
# 122
01-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post

But even discounting that, knowing Picard, you honestly expect me to believe they didn't comb the planet for Borg to make sure that didn't happen?
I doubt that. Why would they expect any borg to survive? They die if they get punched hard; being in an exploding sphere, and then surviving a fall through the atmosphere, and then hitting land? Plus, they were kinda in a hurry to get out of there; they didn't want to interfere with the timeline anymore than they had to. They didn't want Temporal Investigations up their butts, after all
Ensign
# 123
01-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Time travel. I was enjoying the series until I saw a P-51 taking shots at a shuttle craft.
I wasn't watching when the final episode aired but I've seen those few final minutes. Blah!
In fairness to the staff of the show, they weren't given advance notice that season would be the last. Because of that we got a silly ending.

The final episode ranks right down there will the St. Elsewhere ending.
Make It So

26th Fleet: Praetorian

I didn't choose the Starfleet life, it chose me.
Lt. Commander
# 124
01-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amill72 View Post
Time travel. I was enjoying the series until I saw a P-51 taking shots at a shuttle craft.
I wasn't watching when the final episode aired but I've seen those few final minutes. Blah!
In fairness to the staff of the show, they weren't given advance notice that season would be the last. Because of that we got a silly ending.

The final episode ranks right down there will the St. Elsewhere ending.
Wut.

That was the S3 finale. There was a S4, you know. And they definitely knew the show was ending that season, several episodes before the end.
Starfleet Veteran
# 125
01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Please, you'll upset my signature time travelling space Nazi.
Captain
# 126
01-22-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfamily View Post
I doubt that. Why would they expect any borg to survive? They die if they get punched hard; being in an exploding sphere, and then surviving a fall through the atmosphere, and then hitting land? Plus, they were kinda in a hurry to get out of there; they didn't want to interfere with the timeline anymore than they had to. They didn't want Temporal Investigations up their butts, after all
It's the BORG. You ALWAYS check to see if it's really dead. ALWAYS.

Quote:
To be completely honest, a Dogfight involving shuttlecraft and piston engined aircraft is something I have wanted to see in Star Trek for a long time...... it just..... why did we need time traveling space nazis too?!?

So that totally ruined that episode.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI HO, HI HO. OFF DUTY SLOT NEEDS TO GO!

"It's better to ask a dumb question, than to remain an idiot forever."
Rihannsu
# 127
01-23-2013, 05:42 AM
IIRC the Borg who "survived" were frozen in the arctic ice. That could be how the Ent-E missed them. I'm sure they scanned looking for them, they just didn't find them all.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Ensign
# 128
01-23-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
The Theme Song.
This is also my biggest dilike of the series

however, you can gain a little consolidation that it was meant to be this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8vslSWlsEg