Lt. Commander
# 201
01-22-2013, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
this "restriction" is gone as of the winter event
Wrong, the restriction is there and the winter event, like the lockboxes, was just a work-around. Same with the Jem'Hadar fighter in the previous winter wonderland. Besides, the Breen ship is outdone by most CBS-approved top-level ships, so people are just flying around for the novelty, because they feel like it, or because they haven't managed to grab something better.
Community Moderator
# 202
01-22-2013, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madblooddoll View Post
how is the zen store life? It would be better if they just sold the ships directly instead of these perfect world lockboxes. i miss the old cryptic, run by... not pw.
It's supposed to be amusing, my post was a link to a clip from DS9, click it.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Captain
# 203
01-22-2013, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemeszaros View Post
Wrong, the restriction is there and the winter event, like the lockboxes, was just a work-around. Same with the Jem'Hadar fighter in the previous winter wonderland. Besides, the Breen ship is outdone by most CBS-approved top-level ships, so people are just flying around for the novelty, because they feel like it, or because they haven't managed to grab something better.
My understanding of CBS's restriction is that there should never be an instance in which "faction" ships will be a "minority"...

Granted, as there has been many lockboxes, all releasing "non-faction" ships, (we have JHAS, Galor, D'Kora, Orb Weaver (and Recluse, but she wasn't "grand prize")) then we can have situations where faction ships can be a "minority" - when you compare Feds to combined non-faction - but when you attempt to compare a given non-faction ship with the faction fed population on at that time, the feds will still outnumber each specific "non-faction ship"...

However, this is not the case with the Chel'Bret. Heck, I can see, even in June, that if we ran a "flash mob" challenge with sufficient incentive for all available players to show up around ESD within 10 minutes of the announcement in their Breen ship, we'll have 80+% of the ships around ESD being the Chel'Bret. This isn't "minority" level - it's gonna take a lot of time for enough new players to sign up so that we'll have <50% Breen in a "flash mob" challenge with enough incentive to draw everyone who owns a Breen ship out...

As long as this is the case, then we're looking at "restriction lifted". On a side note, you realize that the relatively unique BOff layout, fact that it's a 10-console "fleet" grade ship, and is an extremely rare (Fed side, at least) cruiser-variant that can mount DHCs, and we have a situation where a lot of people still fly their Breen ship, even in light of what the Zen store offers - it might take tier 5 shipyards being fairly common to nudge a lot of these cruiser-captains back into "faction" Fed ships...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Survivor of Romulus
# 204
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollaf View Post
Can you make it, to where if you own a Jem'Hadar attack ship anywhere on your account, you can buy the pet? If I magically get this ship, I'm not replacing my attack ship with it, but would love to launch a wing of fighters with it.
THIS x 1000000 it should be account no per toon.
Captain
# 205
01-23-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm really conflicted... on the one hand I'm a giant Dom fanboy and I kinda wish Cryptic would just port everything over to a Dom faction and get it over with. On the other hand, PvP basically has nothing to do with Starfleet/KDF at this point and the amount of ships with inexplicable hangar bays is reaching the truly absurd.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
# 206
01-23-2013, 01:55 AM
So let me guess, another Gecko Imba (tm) ships in the making to make all starfleet and KDF design obsolete. Bug, bug with fighter, bug with even more fighters. GG, Dominion Online.

Last edited by dalnar83; 01-23-2013 at 01:59 AM.
Rihannsu
# 207
01-23-2013, 02:11 AM
I am looking forward to it. It will be awesome to have these ships in your team in PvE, and to have them in PvP matches.

The option to ugrade the Jem set to Mk XII is especially nice, too!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Rihannsu
# 208
01-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Since I am still waiting for the RSE, i can't wait to see how friggin OP the abilities of D'deridex and co are going to be. Seriously Gecko, keep at it, and yes once i m in my warbird, all gloves come off and every single ultra-rare BS item is game on.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
# 209
01-23-2013, 02:18 AM
I kind of pity most people here. I just arrived, but this lock box trope has become a staple of the most shady F2P MMOs out there. People feel forced to get the top prize because if they don't they feel 'left behind'.

People spend exorbitant sums, teeter on the edge of personal ruin. Get addicted... If you think it doesn't happen, think again.

I don't however pity them, because stupidity is it's own reward.
Career Officer
# 210
01-23-2013, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewstelamon01 View Post
That's also been answered to death too: Licensing requirements. CBS has already said that they do not want everyone and their grandmother flying non-faction ships.

Which, then, begs the logical next question: When will non-faction become a faction in its own right?

Nope, again that is the bs excuse Cryptic keep pulling out to justify the cost of these ships etc.

It has nothing to do with CBS at all, as if that was the case, they would not have been allowed to give the Breen ship away for free....