Rihannsu
# 21
01-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackwidow View Post
...I don't agree with your feeling on leaving Tribbles as devices. I have bred every type of tribble possible, and 'special combat' ones I usually breed 1 for me and 1 for each of my ground BOffs. My inventory is full of them - they deserve a special holding tank/tab/list.
Tribbles buff characters, affect items in inventory, and are part of a mini-game. In this game, they are devices with specific game effects and uses, and I think they should remain so.

While being stored, sold, or traded, pets are and should remain an item that takes up space. They are sort of like a commodity usable for trading, selling, etc. Once they are used as a device, though, they effectively become a "costume piece" that can only be "worn" when not in combat. Because they have only cosmetic value, once activated/unlocked, they should be removed from inventory just like a Winter Scarf box.

That being said, as you know, I am for a dedicated storage for Tribbles:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=480181

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 22
01-09-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't understand the quality of life differences between the older Champions Online and the newer Star Trek Online. In spite of being newer, STO has an inferior costume creator and the vanity pets take up inventory space.

That doesn't encourage people to buy more inventory space, that only discourages people from buying useless cosmetic items.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
01-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Tribbles buff characters, affect items in inventory, and are part of a mini-game. In this game, they are devices with specific game effects and uses, and I think they should remain so.

While being stored, sold, or traded, pets are and should remain an item that takes up space. They are sort of like a commodity usable for trading, selling, etc. Once they are used as a device, though, they effectively become a "costume piece" that can only be "worn" when not in combat. Because they have only cosmetic value, once activated/unlocked, they should be removed from inventory just like a Winter Scarf box.

That being said, as you know, I am for a dedicated storage for Tribbles:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=480181
OK, I can see your point about why they should remain devices. And as you know, I fully support your tribble storage idea as well.

I don't want to hijack this thread when there is a separate one to address the tribble issue; you are right, vanity pets are effectively a cosmetic item and should not take up inventory space.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Career Officer
# 24
01-10-2013, 08:53 AM
I agree with the OP and want this feature added to the game.
Rihannsu
# 25
01-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Even more pets are announced to soon be added to the game. Having this sort of UI to better organzie our pets gets more and more necessary.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.