Career Officer
# 21
01-21-2013, 12:40 AM
the reason i liked attack pattern delta is when i hovered over my dhc ap in space and hit apd my ap damage went from 670 ro 700 and my dps went from 417 to 470 or something. i thought that was pretty good.
Lieutenant
# 22
01-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I use a fleet version of the defiant retro. The only difference here you need to note is that I have an extra tactical console.

4 fl. adv. AP DHCs fore
3 fl. adv. AP turrets aft
M.A.C.O Shields Mk XII
Borg engines
Positronic deflector [Stl] [ShdS] (actually works better for my ship than any other set one)
Eng consoles: Subspace jump (I would use neutronium alloy if I didn't have this), assimilated module, cloak
Sci consoles: Mk XI blue field gen x2
Tac consoles: Mk XI blue AP console x5
Boffs:

CM: BO I (useless), APB I, APB II, CRF III
LTC: TT I, CRF I, CSV (for PvE)/APO (for PvP)
ENS: TT I
LT: EPtS I, EPtS II
LT: TSS I, HE II

If I can get back to this post tomorrow, I write my thoughts and comments about your setup.

How do you keep your weapon power high enough with all the drain from 4 dual heavies and 3 turrets?
Captain
# 23
01-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
but using at least 2, you gain one ability slot for some usefull attack... moreover each conn officer give you a +10 attack patterns.

I suggest this set of tactical abilities:

THY1, CRF1, CRF2, APO3
THY1, APB1, APO2
TT1

I use that buil with 3 purple conn officers (TT variant) to gain a +30 attack patterns when using TT (always)... moreover using 2xAPO + ATB, I can activate one attack pattern every 15 seconds (immediately after TT).

If you want, you can use CSV instead of CRF (I do not like mixing them) and ATD instead of APB...
please don't do this

The defiant is one of the few ships where 2 tac teams works in harmony with the ships

If you use 3 doffs to use one TT your gimping yourself massively

Doffs can be the difference between you being in the respawn que or your opponent

+10 to attack patterns with 3 of these actice it means Attack pattern beta 3 has -43.9 negative damage resistance

without them its 39.9... minuscule

on something where you only have 1 tac station you have no choice but to run the doffs but when you have three spots to do it with its insanity
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Career Officer
# 24
01-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Well i just did an elite stf with my new build. It went really well as the other players new thir stuff, and i come in first on the dps meter with a fellow player right on my but. averaged a 1950dps for the whole stf, and did 4,000,000 damage. not bad. some more good advice and i should be able to really squeak tha dps out of this old defiant
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-22-2013, 09:37 AM
Another thing I use to boost spike damage is Exocomp doff+quartermaster battery cool down doff for an extra 10% damage for alpha spikes from weapon batteries, not to mention nice damage resist from shield batteries. Granted you only get 10s uptime every minute, but it alternates well, spike for 10s then hit evasive and evade tank, then hit shield battery and any other damage resists, rinse and repeat. Works well on tac cubes and gateways both in fleet defiant and Chel.

I have also become quite fond of Polarized disruptor + romulan plasma proc consoles, triple threat proc goodness with the disruptor proc synergizing with my DD, team DD and the plasma DoT. Polaron proc softens things up just a little bit more, makes for a wicked PvE combo.
Career Officer
# 26
01-23-2013, 02:06 PM
You may want to consider dumping the torp and going with a 4 dhc/3 turret setup. I did on my Jem and the difference was dramatic. It'll also allow you move spec points into other areas that would increase your power levels and/or survivability.
Career Officer
# 27
01-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vyperwoo View Post
How do you keep your weapon power high enough with all the drain from 4 dual heavies and 3 turrets?
I have a 4 dhc/3 turret setup on my bug, and even with the additional power drain, the difference in dps is dramatic. Replacing a weapon doing 500-ish DPS with one doing over 1400 will do that. I have my warp core skills on 8 and 9, respectively, and weapon performance on 9 to lessen the drop somewhat, and it typically recovers before the next firing cycle.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
01-23-2013, 02:54 PM
You can add some power-management by running 1 aft Kinetic Cutting Beam + 1 Borg Universal Assimilated Module. The 2-item Omega Weapon set gives you Omega Weapon Amplifier -- this drops all weapon energy drain to very low levels while firing, letting you maintain high energy levels while burst-DPS'ing your targets.

As far as DOFFS go, I went with 3 Attack Pattern Conn Officers. They are expensive, but if you can afford them, you can run AP-Beta3 10 out of every 16.5 seconds (60% uptime!), or AP-Omega3 at 15 out of every 33 seconds (45% uptime).