Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 21
01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
Well I think the problem is they have to fix it for both people who are already bugged but also prevent the bug from happening to others when they get to t5 - so it might not be all that simple really.
Ensign
# 22
01-18-2013, 03:03 PM
True, hopefully they are working on it now.....also, has anyone tried to obtain the complete Mk 12 sets with the new system? Just wondering if that would work....
Lieutenant
# 23 Visuals Need Work
01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
On the contrary

* Optional accolades are bugged
* Optional visuals unlocks are bugged
* Previous set visuals are bugged

Pick a number and get in line
You have got that right about the visuals. I have been wearing the omega XI and it is crisp clean and very detailed. I went to look at my Maco XI set....it is TERRIBLE. So blurry you can barely make out the Star Fleet badge on the front. I thought maybe by clearing it and build it from scratch would make a difference. It didn't. I just hope the Maco XII isn't the same way. I just bought the personal Shield and armor and will probably have the rifle tomorrow. It is going to be a big disappointment if it is just as blurry.

I also agree that it is kind of double dipping having to pay to unlock the costume. I mean after spending all that time doing the ESTFs and earning the gear, then you have to pay for the visuals? It is not really an award if you have to pay for it.

Imagine if Nascar was that way. Jimmie Johnson wins the Daytona 500 and once he gets to victory lane they make him pay for the trophy....lol

Just something else to add to my list of things that irritate me about Season 7
Career Officer
# 24
01-20-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird1001
True, hopefully they are working on it now.....also, has anyone tried to obtain the complete Mk 12 sets with the new system? Just wondering if that would work....
It does not. I got the complete mk XII MACO set through the reputation system, and it didn't unlock the basic mk XII visuals.

Seeing as the costume options are kind of the whole point, I am not going to spend another unit of dilithium on any of these sets, or any effort on filling in the gaps in my optional accolades, until I see an assurance these accolades have been fixed in the patchnotes. For all we know, this'll go the way of the cloaking device, where it'll get some attention once all our alts are Fleet admirals and kitted out with Mk XIV gear.
Reave
Captain
# 25
01-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Quote:
It is clearer, easier to understand, and by reducing the number of STF runs needed, the rewards are flat out more realistic to obtain for the average player.
Quote:
Our calculations show on average a 60% reduction in the number of runs needed to get a full gear set using the Task Force Omega Reputation System

To me fixing the sets take priority over anything since all of season 7 was launched in the promise of people saving time and here we are wasting it.

I think it's kind of odd they didn't include scripting or w/e for people missing 1 piece or 1 optional.
Every last single thread leading up to season 7 had pro season 7 people saying they were "missing just the 1 piece" and they felt s. 7 was a huge step forward and were being thankful.

It's like they only anticipated that you'd a) had everything or b) needed to get everything

Just like everyone asked that t5 be unlocked on tribble so we could actually test the rep system.

Rushed, I don't know but I think it's fatal when the core premise behind the season is not even working.
Career Officer
# 26
01-22-2013, 01:20 PM
is this still borked?

kinda expected some response

update just gone in game and yes the ticket still says i havent earned the Omega force operative ?!?!?
yet the game says i have
i completed all mk xi and mkxii ground sets...maco...omega..adapted
completed all stf accolades..well cept the one mentioned as its borked

Last edited by xceptionalzero; 01-22-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Ensign
# 27
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
is this still borked?
Sorry to tell you but at least three threads about the same topic exist in here. Numerous people have written bug-reports and tickets about this incl. screenshots etc.

Still no fix
Captain
# 28
01-23-2013, 01:42 PM
The good: I'm not the only one with this problem.

The bad: Cryptic apparently has no plans to fix it.

They could teach classes on "How to instantly destroy player excitement". The only thing I was missing was the optional on Infected Ground, which I finally got when my fleet mates turned an epic performance. Go to the tailor to enjoy the spoils of war, wait, why isn't it showing up? Research the problem, find that it's widespread and unresolvable. Way to sour the evening.

Last edited by momaw; 01-23-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Career Officer
# 29
01-23-2013, 05:08 PM
The adapted accolade triggered for me, but the MACO Elite Commander and Omega Force Operative are sitting waiting.

Not the end of the world stuff but disappointing when you specifically aimed to get them and put the work in for them.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
01-23-2013, 09:14 PM
I have the same problem here with the MACO XI I had two parts before season 7, and I had a long vacation from the game. When I returned and finished the set it bugged. I know this has to do with Season 7 because I finished the Adapted Maco Accolade no problem.