Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 251
# 91
01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I could tell you that anyone with a decent build and game playing abilities could beat that ship but this discussion has already turned out to be a pointless argument. I like carriers and i want them to be good in pve and pvp, you don't, everyone got it.
Maybe it is pointless, but it isn't for the reason you say it is:

Yes, I would like to see this ship retooled so it can succeed in PVP, so do you. The difference is the way we think is best to go about this change.

You want to suggest that Cryptic shave off shields and hull and give it a better turnrate. I want to suggest for Cryptic to retool the boff layout.

I don't like your suggestion because it wouldn't make sense: it's a massive effing ship, a Dreadnought larger than the Galaxy. A high turnrate wouldn't make sense for such a behemoth.

You don't like my suggestion because you believe it wouldn't do enough to make it viable for PVP.

So in the end, all we can agree on is that it needs to be changed and agree to disagree on how to go about it.

And for your first sentence: anyone can beat any ship if they have a decent build and gameplaying abilities.

Great debate by the way good sir. Nice to see such a civilized discussion didn't descend into name calling and trolling.

Last edited by cliftona91; 01-23-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 883
# 92
01-23-2013, 04:32 PM
So the Lobi store really has replaced the cstore. Sets that are nothing to do with cannon rarity, and can be obtained by playing normal missions, can now only be upgraded to Mk12 by spending stupid amounts of money on Lobi!

why?
They have nothing to do with the Lobi store, it should be in the cstore, fleet store or reputation store....
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,244
# 93
01-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
So the Lobi store really has replaced the cstore. Sets that are nothing to do with cannon rarity, and can be obtained by playing normal missions, can now only be upgraded to Mk12 by spending stupid amounts of money on Lobi!

why?
They have nothing to do with the Lobi store, it should be in the cstore, fleet store or reputation store....
I don't know if I would go that far...we got the Vesta recently...we know the Andorian ship is gonna be on the c store. If they do like they did with the Odyssey and Bortas with the Ambassador and the Kamarag we know they will be on the c store.

Whats so hard about that...its not like the pump out a lockbox every month.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,627
# 94
01-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
why?
Greed.

There is really no reason for that, as you mention they are acquired in normal and I can only guess is because nobody complained about the Tholian EVA set because ... its a freaking EVA set, they thought they could pull the same with the Jem Hadar sets but managed to go even beyond that by offering a buff to the pistol.

I suppose the Reman set is only safe because the silly Vault and the whole datalog fiasco with the need to pad the Romulan Reputation system otherwise ...
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 762
# 95
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Can the stats of the Jemmy carrier ship pets, both frigates (bug ship) and fighters, be posted too? Abilities and weapons load outs namely.

Fighters have a pulse cannon and DEM1 is all we know about either of them.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser

Last edited by eradicator84; 01-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,244
# 96
01-23-2013, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Can the stats of the Jemmy carrier ship pets, both frigates (bug ship) and fighters, be posted too? Abilities and weapons load outs namely.

Fighters have a pulse cannon and DEM1 is all we know about either of them.
Thats probably all they do have, fighters are generally pretty light on the weapons/abilities. I wish there was more because this really makes it perhaps the weakest fighters in the game...especially since they won't have upgrades like the Widows I'm guessing.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 879
# 97
01-23-2013, 05:25 PM
myself i am not interested in the jem ships but would rather have the new ships that are supposed to be released on the 3rd year of STO , any new info please ?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 98
01-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Sure you got the stats right, Bran? Seems like the Carrier's BOFF layout should be for the Heavy Escort and the Heavy Escort's BOFF layout should be for the Dreadnaught.

Last edited by azurianstar; 01-23-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 987
# 99
01-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
Guys, this thing is a Dreadnought. It doesn't deserve to have a turn rate higher than six.
Unfortunately, game mechanics take presence over fluff. If there were a high DPS weapon that worked best on low turn rate ships, then there would be no problem.

As it stands, Dreadnaughts, which in vernacular are supposed to be slow and VERY powerful, are slow and weak in STO.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 421
# 100
01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Sure you got the stats right, Bran? Seems like the Carrier's BOFF layout should be for the Heavy Escort and the Heavy Escort's BOFF layout should be for the Dreadnaught.

You know, I was kinda wondering the same thing, the HEC looks like it'd be a better fit for a tank/Engineer build. Whereas the Carrier looks like it'd fit a Tac better.
Formerly known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012

If the KDF can get a Fleet D7 (That can be upgraded to a T5-U), the Feds should have a Fleet Exeter.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:11 AM.