Lt. Commander
Eng/Dkora, right now using 2 plasma DBB, 1 plasma BA, 1 omega torp fore, 3 plasma BA and 1 plasma torp aft. Eventually I'll get the Rom torp and probably put it fore, and Omega torp aft, replace the fore BA with the rom experimental, and switch out one of the rear BA with the cutting beam. But, I can't decide what set to go with. Maco, Omega, Adapted, Borg, etc. I'm trying to go for a mix of offense and defensive power, but if necessary, full defense will be fine. And no, Im not switching to DHCs/turrets, Im sticking with my DBB/BA setup.
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-23-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, to start, use whatever you have. Meaning, if you have a MACO set atm, go ahead and use that.

That said, MACO of course is excellent still. I'm looking at working towards Adapted MACO as well, but Borg set would work as well.

Honestly, any of the STF sets are completely a-ok, really depends more on what you're trying to specifically do.

Captain
# 3
01-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Omega deflector and engine plus MACO shield is a pretty solid combo on a beam boat. Gives you the extra drain of the tetryon glider, plus the extra energy and durability that the MACO shield provides.