i don't play EVE for several reasons
- 1: endless leveling system, you will NEVER catch up to the big guys that started years ago
- 2: worst UI EVER, even worse than STOs (so tiny fonts you need to lean forward to read stuff *ugh*)
- 3: i don't know what the hell all the items are, i DO know what a Phaser and a Photon Torpedo is, but in EVE i have no idea what is what, which means more reading up on stuff in tiny fonts...
1) you train for a ship, and ships have a skill cap. You can be as good as anyone in your given ship within a year(outside of capitals). Sometimes substantially less for a the smaller ships. Since all the ship classes serve a purpose... It's really just an excuse for people who don't understand how the game works.
2) it's a complicated UI, it's also extremely customizable and interactive, including font size. its not bad by a long shot... It's actually one of the more advanced in the industry
I'm only sorry Cryptic chose not to keep this sort of stuff for a paid mini-faction expansion. Their selling out the long-term options for short-term gain.
Originally Posted by born2bwild1
Perhaps less are playing lock-box online
Tholian Lock box announcement thread in 3(last post) days had 22,000 views, Temporal in 8(last post) days had 23,000 views
Dominion is only at 5300 views now - so we shall see - less people on the forums - less interest in the box? less interest in the game?
Well , considering that you can take your new shiny ship and once again plunge into ISE & co. , are you surprised ?
"We're not mad at Angry Birds, and we're not trying to defend the universe from Angry Birds. Although you might want to consider defending yourself from Angry Birds. If you aren't paying for the app, you aren't a customer, you're the product ."