Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 132
# 1 Target Subsystems
01-24-2013, 07:32 AM
The Target Subsystems Ensign rank abilities from Tactical Boffs...

...do they work no matter what weapon you use?
____________________________
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 348
# 2
01-24-2013, 07:38 AM
You can use any energy type (plasma, phaser, tetryon....) for targeting any subsystem, but you have to use some type of beam ( beam array or dual beam bank).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 132
# 3
01-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
You can use any energy type (plasma, phaser, tetryon....) for targeting any subsystem, but you have to use some type of beam ( beam array or dual beam bank).
I was afraid of that.

Makes my third Tactical Ensign station on my escort worthless.

I appreciate the info.
____________________________
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 4
01-24-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrgadley View Post
I was afraid of that.

Makes my third Tactical Ensign station on my escort worthless.

I appreciate the info.
Defiant Ensign is used by many as a seat for bring your child to work day.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 173
# 5
01-24-2013, 08:15 AM
TacTeam1 or a Torpedo ability come to mind - admittedly, the latter ones are not much of a choice.
Only to add it: the Kinetic Cutting Beam does not count as a Beam weapon for Subsystem Targetting; the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array on the other hand does.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 132
# 6
01-24-2013, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deianirrah View Post
TacTeam1 or a Torpedo ability come to mind - admittedly, the latter ones are not much of a choice.
Only to add it: the Kinetic Cutting Beam does not count as a Beam weapon for Subsystem Targetting; the Experimental Romulan Plasma Beam Array on the other hand does.
I run with all Cannons/Turrets...so I put myself in this position.

Tactical Team is the only useful Ensign rank ability for me...so I have three of them.

Would be nice if they could add something for people who don't use beams or torpedoes.
____________________________
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,465
# 7
01-24-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrgadley View Post
I run with all Cannons/Turrets...so I put myself in this position.

Tactical Team is the only useful Ensign rank ability for me...so I have three of them.

Would be nice if they could add something for people who don't use beams or torpedoes.
It's the price you pay for putting all your eggs in one basket.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 132
# 8
01-24-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
It's the price you pay for putting all your eggs in one basket.
That's not true.

If I were to put all my eggs (Torpedoes) into one basket...I wouldn't be paying this price.

If I were to put all my eggs (Beams) into one basket...I wouldn't be paying this price.

It's the price I'm paying for using Cannons/Turrets.
____________________________
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:33 PM.