Career Officer
# 61 ??? Cannot logon at Tribble ???
01-24-2013, 07:44 AM

Why can people not logon at Tribble, the STO test environment atm???

Maintenance and patching is on Holodeck not on Tribble.
Tribble patching was on Jan 22 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=522681

So bad and sad that Tribble is not available during Holodeck maintenance
Lt. Commander
# 62
01-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Can someone inform the Greeting-Tribble at the front desk that the server status is definitely not 'up'? It's causing me no end of confusion.

Also ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Honest Patch Notes:

*Buffed Borg LOLpedo to make even more unfair. All Borg torpedoes now do eleven trillion critical damage per shot, have unlimited rage and are utterly unstoppable. 2 second cooldown.

*Broke user-interface, buttons now change position at random when clicked, or drop entirely. We don't know what went wrong, nor do we care about fixing it. Buy a master key.

*Finished rendering all plot-missions unplayable due to AI glitches, background image failures and various other major show-stopping bugs. This portion of the game does not generate revenue therefore we DO NOT give two tribbles out of a Borg's butt about it. (Sadly this one is more true than you realize! )

*Added eleven new grind maps and 16 new reputation systems, each requiring 8 new currencies. Some promised rep items are broken to the point that they are useless, while others haven't even been programmed yet.

*Nerfed all powers that benefit the player in any way. Sci Team actually reduces your shields, Eng Team damages your hull, and Tac Team causes your security team to blow **** up aboard your own ship. Haz Team will cause you to burst into flames. Aux Power abilities will set your power levels to Zero for 15 min.

*Decreased server stability. We removed two banks of RAM and half of the CPU arrays and gave them to the Neverwinter team in trade for use of the K-Cup coffee-maker.

*Added new player ability "Orbital Howitzer." Instantly destroys any target for the low low cost of 500 lobi per shot.

*Added a bunch of Foundry stuff that doesn't work. Or does it? No one really knows because the person who programs the Foundry speaks Dutch and we can't understand him.

*Manipulated the Dilth market so you can no longer spend money to get ahead, you must grind a MINIMUM of 16 hours a day.

*Decreased Refine Cap by 7,500.

*Sold password management database to Russian Mobster to finance VO work for next grind-world map.

We expect this downtime to last for at least 8 hours with a 75% chance of something going wrong and extending the time by 2 hours. Downtime will occur during peak hours for non-American markets because we just don't give a dang about France. Sorry France. Cryptic Studios hopes you enjoy your expanded STO: Grind Harder Experience and that you will buy lots of lockbox keys otherwise we will all be unemployed. Thank you for playing STO: Grind Harder.
...this entire post. It made me laugh.
Republic Veteran
# 63
01-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriss257 View Post
LOL, LOL, LOL
themarie you make my day happy now
But not far from true game play
I am becoming very disillusioned with the game experience... They flat-out refuse to fix any of the show-stopper bugs in the plot missions at all, yet will release four line patches detailing how they fixed an insignificant typo in the latest lock-box.

That right there tells me "story content" is not even a concern anymore. It's just STO: Lockbox Mania from here on out.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Captain
# 64
01-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
I am kind of disappointed. STO seems to have more of the computer nerd vib to it and I have met a ton of nerds in game that always give me good advice on computer stuff like processors and the like. That being said...does anyone not think that maybe they are doing more than just sticking a patch on a game? There is always hardware maintenance. Maybe they are swapping out backup servers or switching to another server all together. Maybe there is some other sort of delay built in.
If my past experiences are any indication, Cryptic's process may be similar to the following:
(1) Check server hard drives for red indicator lights.
(2) Shutdown 1: Replace malfunctioning HDDs.
(3) Restart 1.
(4) Partition & Format New Drives.
(5) Upload: Latest Image of STO onto new drives.
(6) Upload: New patch updates from secondary server or hard drive.
(7) Upload: New patch that addresses certain software stability issues.
(8) Shutdown 2: Let RAM memory clear for twenty to thirty minutes.
(9) Restart 2
(10) Check server hard drives for red indicator lights.
(11) Address any other issues.
(12) Restart 3
(13) Reconnect server.

Some other 'possible' issues that may be affected by these servers:
(1) Network issues.
(2) In-house email account issues.
(3) Motherboard issues.
(4) Power supply issues.
(5) HDD Defragmentation
(6) HDD Surface scans - Can take up to an hour for each drive.
(7) System cooling issues.
(8) Installing new drivers.
(9) Reset Back Up Time slots
(10) Database issues.

When most people think of a server, the image they have is one computer with a few drives. "Star Trek: Online" sits on a server with a few hundred drives, which fills up a medium to large sized room. Depending upon how many hard-drives they have, the restarting, patching, and maintenance time can be a little long.

Last edited by linyive; 01-24-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Career Officer
# 65
01-24-2013, 07:53 AM
Quote:
The Vesta Console ability, Fermion Field, now correctly restores the Shields of nearby allies, instead of just yourself.
Boy, do I feel sheepish now for the amount of times I've used this in STFs and thought I was helping my team.
Career Officer
# 66
01-24-2013, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxgamer View Post
Will somebody fix it so my KDF character doesn't have to stand on bank/exchange/lore consoles to use them. Foundry mission contacts require I do a timed jumping F.

It's been this way for months. I think it began with the glowing console introduction. Anybody working on this or do I need to save it for an AskCryptic?
I actually think some of the KDF bugs need to be made officially 'working as intended' i.e. add sparks and smoke to the appropriate non-functional side of the Exchange/Bank consoles and have a Duty Officer mission added to execute the Transporter Officer at the Qo'noS shipyard.

Qapla'

Oh, and seriously, five hours?? I notice the authentication server is down (which normally stays up during the two hour downtimes) - that'll be why Tribble is down too...
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto

Subscriptions

Subscribed For: 0 Day
Subscription Status: Inactive
Republic Veteran
# 68
01-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenmet View Post

Why can people not logon at Tribble, the STO test environment atm???

Maintenance and patching is on Holodeck not on Tribble.
Tribble patching was on Jan 22 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=522681

So bad and sad that Tribble is not available during Holodeck maintenance
Given the length of the maintenance, I would imagine this is a hardware fix. That may preclude the possibility of Tribble being up.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 69
01-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by totenmet View Post
https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto

Subscriptions

Subscribed For: 0 Day
Subscription Status: Inactive
"Working as intended"

It's just saying that because your account details are unavailable at the moment (i.e. the authentication server is down )
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 70
01-24-2013, 08:00 AM
I think that's because the account server is offline...
Sekhmet, Fleet Admiral, Ghost Company

Lilith, Shadowcat Elite, Ferason Shadow Force
Closed Thread