Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 525
# 141
01-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Looks like I am all patched up. Just waiting to login to the game now. Hopefully I won't have to completely reinstall the game for the 6th time since August.

Oh, Mr. BranFlakes, I am not hating on you or your crew. In fact, I would kindly take you out to dinner and buy all of you a steak and a beer!

(then sneak out the back and leave you with the tab)
_______________________________
To answer your question, yes. - @Executive_Emily - I have a Website? Oh, yeah! I do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 142
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
Looks like I am all patched up. Just waiting to login to the game now. Hopefully I won't have to completely reinstall the game for the 6th time since August.

Oh, Mr. BranFlakes, I am not hating on you or your crew. In fact, I would kindly take you out to dinner and buy all of you a steak and a beer!

(then sneak out the back and leave you with the tab)
I'd buy them steak and a beer too and when they realize it tastes like ass...

I'd say "Cooked and Bottled as intended"
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 14
# 143 Quality over content, please
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Let me say before I rant that STO is probably the best game in existence, and that Cryptic has done a magnificent job keeping the game updated and fun. We players are picky and demanding, yet Bran and the entire team work tirelessly to improve our experience and meet community requests (and demands). And they make cool new content, often, while somehow maintaining in-game F2P/P2W balance--an impressive feat.

That being said, there are bugs, glitches and gameplay issues that seem to have sunk into the depths of the forum but were never actually fixed. And some recent issues, too. I know many will disagree with me here, believing new content is the top priority. And I agree it is vital to the success of the game.

But I say the dev team take a 'moment' to truly polish the game. Dive into the forums and investigate. Listen to the concerns. Truly fix what exists here and now.

-Terradome? Still gives no unique/endgame reward. Awesome stf-style patrol concept, though.
-Borg cutting beams (player weapon & NPC/gates) are still invisible.
-Tractor beams don't keep things from cloaking.
-Space-buffs remain visible to enemies, even under a combat cloak.
-Completed Red Alerts invite new participants.
-Carriers have huge crews but weak base hull repair?
-A tac ensign boff slot: useless. No t5 ship should feel second class.

These kinds of things. They're prob quick fixes because Cryptic has fixed quite a lot at this point, to their credit. (Thank you for fixing Leadership trait!!!) Maybe just one patch could do it. I just want a successful/profitable Season 8/9/10/11/12/13+ for Cryptic/PWE.

Catching up on gameplay issues will keep the game relevant and legendary. A game as epic as Star Trek Online simply cannot have known issues remain or unplayable or illogically useless (ensign tac boff slot, ugh).

It's a legendary-level game by nature, with a loyal Trek+Gamer fanbase. Focus on polishing it up for just a little bit. Then boldly move into new content we can all focus on together.

Last edited by kaltoh9; 01-24-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 51
# 144
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmobrien View Post
I was speaking about the patch in the launcher. It's always 14GB - takes atleast 17 hours to patch up.
Not sure if you are patching same game as me or not ... But most patches I get only take around 10 min or less to patch... Even when I switched computers and had to install game and then patches that whole process only took 5 hrs ...
Target locked Captain....Alpha loaded....5,4,3,2,1.... Target dead captain, locking on next target
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 525
# 145
01-24-2013, 09:59 AM
As long as STO doesn't bring Pandas into the game, I think we are good for a long time.
_______________________________
To answer your question, yes. - @Executive_Emily - I have a Website? Oh, yeah! I do.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 826
# 146
01-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Yes at humor at the expense of the devs who are under a lot of pressure and probably work harder then you. Not very funny anyway.
Yeah I've seen software devs in action, sitting behind a console copypasting code and fixing typos doesn't qualify as "hard work." Nor does slapping a half done texture on a poorly rendered model.

I am actually referring to another game I gave up on here, not STO. STO is slowly becoming "that other game" in terms of shear bug-creep and shortcutting. "Oh look another new weapon, same as the one from LAST season except it's PURPLE and shoots twice as fast!"

When a game gets to this point, I start reducing my play time. Eventually, I'll be done with it all together.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 208
# 147
01-24-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm still getting the 'unable to authenticate' message when I try to log in to patch, but hopefully that's just normal and will fix itself soon enough.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 953
# 148
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
As long as STO doesn't bring Pandas into the game, I think we are good for a long time.
Knowing how these devs work they've probably noticed your post and there will be an announcement soon about a new playable faction for season 8 and it won't be Romulans :p

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/u...iantPandas.png
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
# 149
01-24-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Yeah I've seen software devs in action, sitting behind a console copypasting code and fixing typos doesn't qualify as "hard work." Nor does slapping a half done texture on a poorly rendered model.

I am actually referring to another game I gave up on here, not STO. STO is slowly becoming "that other game" in terms of shear bug-creep and shortcutting. "Oh look another new weapon, same as the one from LAST season except it's PURPLE and shoots twice as fast!"

When a game gets to this point, I start reducing my play time. Eventually, I'll be done with it all together.
Seems like, if you do this with other games as well, that the problem might be you.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 244
# 150
01-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivia211 View Post
As long as STO doesn't bring Pandas into the game, I think we are good for a long time.
Don't we already have Sad Pandas?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:39 AM.