Career Officer
# 151
01-24-2013, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwin View Post
Seems like, if you do this with other games as well, that the problem might be you.
Seems like you totally missed the allusion to the game she/he was hinting at.
Lieutenant
# 152
01-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Probably this is all just bored ranting while we wait anyway, isn't it?
Republic Veteran
# 153
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Oh, I tease the DEVs. I know what they do isn't easy and it takes some know-how. Being an editor, I know how tedious the work can get as it's similar to what I do at times. Yeah, I know I'm not coding, but like coding, I have to go through and make sure there are absolutely no mistakes or things go bad.

My friend took a C++ class in college and he said it can be very tedious. One small typo and the program you are trying to build may not operate at all or as intended. And finding and correcting that one problem can take forever.

This is why I don't mind buying Zen every now and then. I do it with the hope that some of that money ends up in the pockets of the DEVs.

Have a heart. Feed a DEV.
# 154
01-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeorwin View Post
Seems like, if you do this with other games as well, that the problem might be you.
Clearly I caused that other game to fold. On my own. The declining playerbase and vanishing revenue had nothing to do with it.

I AM BECOME MARIE: FOLDER OF GAMES. DESTROYER OF ONLINE WORLDS. YOUR SOUL: I REAP IT.
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Lt. Commander
# 155
01-24-2013, 10:10 AM
got mine patching right now as well

maybe another hour or so?
Starfleet Veteran
# 156
I'd 'feed a dev' by buying zen, but I'm broke. I do have a subscription though, so I guess that counts?

Oh, game's patching now, my last post was apparently just a tad premature.
Career Officer
# 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Clearly I caused that other game to fold. On my own. The declining playerbase and vanishing revenue had nothing to do with it.

I AM BECOME MARIE: FOLDER OF GAMES. DESTROYER OF ONLINE WORLDS. YOUR SOUL: I REAP IT.
Wait in line there Mister...

Pinky & the Brain have First dibs...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 01-24-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Captain
# 158
01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarie View Post
Yeah I've seen software devs in action, sitting behind a console copypasting code and fixing typos doesn't qualify as "hard work." Nor does slapping a half done texture on a poorly rendered model.

I am actually referring to another game I gave up on here, not STO. STO is slowly becoming "that other game" in terms of shear bug-creep and shortcutting. "Oh look another new weapon, same as the one from LAST season except it's PURPLE and shoots twice as fast!"

When a game gets to this point, I start reducing my play time. Eventually, I'll be done with it all together.
I left another game i had played for about 18 months and came here because the other game was one gianourmous bug if it wasnt broken those devs would "Fix" it and break it.
In the past 2 months on STO ive come to relise though not as buggy as my last game there are bugs that hurt gameplay but instead of fixing these issues we get lock boxes and new weapons like the ones you just stated.
Personally i had hoped that the klingon faction would add more to my STO experiance and enjoyment ..it did not it just added to my dissapointment.
I will continue to play STO but as time goes on my interest will decrease until i finally log off one last time and find something else.
Career Officer
# 159
01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Hope they hurry up, running out of popcorn here, you guys are so entertaining!
Career Officer
# 160
01-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Can't wait for the all-Jem'Hadar STFs to begin.
----
Closed Thread