Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Master Key Sale
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
From now until 10am PST on Monday, January 28th, we are having a 15% off sale on Master Keys. Now is the perfect time to open the new Dominion Lock Box, or that lock box you've been holding on to in your bank.

Link to the C-Store.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 2
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Firstly, I'd like to say thank you...

Then I wanna bat you upside the head, cause I bought a pack yesterday!

<grumble..., grumble..., grumble...>
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-24-2013, 10:37 AM
awesome. was waiting for something like this to arrive.
twitter - tehjonel
Career Officer
# 4
01-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Huh. I was literally just about to ask if there was going to be a MK sale.

Sweet.
Empire Veteran
# 5
01-24-2013, 10:47 AM
what a coincidence!
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 6
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
hehe, more cheap keys to add to my stash.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Rihannsu
# 7
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the Sale, Cryptic.

So now I take my 15% More Zen Sale Zen, my LTS stipend, and/or my Ultimate Game Cards with Promo Zen I got for Christmas (thanks family and friends) and I buy Master Keys when they are on Sale...

If I'm gonna gamble, I'll do it on the cheap.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Ensign
# 8
01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
From now until 10am PST on Monday, January 28th, we are having a 15% off sale on Master Keys. Now is the perfect time to open the new Dominion Lock Box, or that lock box you've been holding on to in your bank.

Link to the C-Store.
A new Lockbox and another Master Key Sale.

The thing about referring to these as Master Keys, is that they are not "Master Keys", there just keys that are consumed on use.

I know this is a marketing thing, to get money to keep the game running, but I think a revisit on the Item Name is required, it's almost mis-selling.

If it's a "Master Key", it should open ALL Lockboxes and not be consumed.

What should be done, is with each new Lockbox, have a new "Master Key" for that type of Lockbox, and sell a True Master Key for about 2000 Zen, that way you have a key that is not consumed on use and will open all the Lockboxes of that particular type.

Oh and as for Lobi Crystals, there needs to be another way to earn these In Game.

I'm a paying member of the game, so not a F2P expecting something for nothing, just highlighting the clear mistake on call these Master Keys.

Another idea, give you paying members a proper "Master Key" at the start of a Lockbox run that opens all the boxes in the run.
Captain
# 9
01-24-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
What should be done, is with each new Lockbox, have a new "Master Key" for that type of Lockbox, and sell a True Master Key for about 2000 Zen, that way you have a key that is not consumed on use and will open all the Lockboxes of that particular type.
Ya, do this.
<snicker>
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
01-24-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm surprised that there is another master key sale so soon. I bought a bunch of keys during the holiday sale and have been saving them for the next lockbox to sell at a markup.

But offering a key sale at the same time as a new lockbox means the price doesn't rise as much - the market gets flooded with keys. I hope this doesn't become the new thing to do whenever a new lockbox is released.
Closed Thread