Captain
# 11
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
So the mining claims that give a BIG, FAT dilithium bonus is bad because it's toon bound ?

The dilithium isn't, so whats the problem ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
# 12
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
So the mining claims that give a BIG, FAT dilithium bonus is bad because it's toon bound ?

The problem is as the OP stated... It will take him over 180 days to use over 180 of these things! I see his point. These mining claims things should at least be "Account Bound"... Not "Bound to Character".

EDIT: More to the point, there would be no exploit here if they were account bound. Afterall, we still have the 8k per toon refining cap and also the fact that these Mining Claims can only be used once per day per toon. Therefore, I see no harm in making them Bound to Account instead!

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 01-24-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Captain
# 13
01-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post

The daily cap is still 8k right? Also Neo - it would still take 180 days to transfer that dithium to another toon.

This "system" would be fine if you have 1 toon - but binding lobi to character - so you get in all on 1 character - THEN - binding this "mining claims" to one charater and making it a big part of the loot table makes this box - RIDICULOUS!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
01-24-2013, 01:54 PM
This exemplifies the problem with lock boxes: the prevalence of the garbage prizes...

I'd be happy if I got extra lobi, but every time I see bonus-point-type drops, I am reminded how stupid I was for opening the box as opposed to selling the master key on exchange for a sure- 1+million EC.
Republic Veteran
# 15
01-24-2013, 02:15 PM
To be fair to Cryptic, I don't think they expected someone to buy 150+ Keys... so umm... I'd say you're partially at fault here, at least...
Original Join Date: January 2010
Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
Career Officer
# 16
01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alarikun View Post
To be fair to Cryptic, I don't think they expected someone to buy 150+ Keys... so umm... I'd say you're partially at fault here, at least...
Thats exactly what they expect, but surely, after getting your first set of mining claims you'd take 2 seconds to check their tooltip, after having read the FAQ, before buying more.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 01-24-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Captain
# 17
01-24-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
This exemplifies the problem with lock boxes: the prevalence of the garbage prizes...

I'd be happy if I got extra lobi, but every time I see bonus-point-type drops, I am reminded how stupid I was for opening the box as opposed to selling the master key on exchange for a sure- 1+million EC.
I have actually been pretty supportive of Cryptic and realize that this lock-box system is a necessary evil - but this just goes over the line for me - Encouraging you to get the lobi on 1 character - then giving a prize that is bound to character - THEN - the prize is restricted by the daily refinement cap!!!!!

3 restrictions on this 1 frequent prize - Cryptic that is TOO MUCH! This "claims" should be account bound.

Avoid this box until this is fixed.
Captain
# 18
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Huh. That does sound very disappointing. I don't see why they have to be bound in the first place. After all, it's a daily and theres the 8k refinement cap. That's quite a bit of restriction as it is.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
01-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post

after 150 keys and no grand prize - oh well the odds are 1/200
I purchased $200 worth of keys (I know.. ), and didn't get the HEC either. I'm resigned to purchasing it off the exchange. I did get enough lobi to buy the other ship (didn't really care for it).
Ghost of Nimbus III. Commander of the R.R.W. Vengeance.
Captain
# 20
01-24-2013, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Huh. That does sound very disappointing. I don't see why they have to be bound in the first place. After all, it's a daily and theres the 8k refinement cap. That's quite a bit of restriction as it is.
Well I certainly consider you one of the forums few voices of reason(at least most of the time) So for you to agree that the retrictions are harsh on this prize says alot.