Career Officer
# 11
01-24-2013, 01:31 PM
I bet there will be a Zen sale that starts 10am PST on Monday, January 28th.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 12
01-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaguchisebet View Post

What should be done, is with each new Lockbox, have a new "Master Key" for that type of Lockbox, and sell a True Master Key for about 2000 Zen, that way you have a key that is not consumed on use and will open all the Lockboxes of that particular type.
While an interesting suggestion, such an item if they were to ever make it would probably be sold for at least 10000 Zen.
Captain
# 13
01-24-2013, 04:15 PM
This is good, I might purchase a few keys to try my luck. But I'm not going to buy a ton of them. To attempt to get the ship. Granted I would love to have it. So we will see. Unless the keys are cheap on the exchange.

I wont blow all my saved up zen for it. Since its going for a new cruiser for my Fed Eng. Capt. or a Tactical Vesta for my Tactical Capt.
Survivor of Romulus
As soon as the sale offer started on Master Keys, I transferred money to my PayPal account. This transfer usually takes 1-3 weekdays and if I miss this sale too I won't be in a good mood. Missed out on those sales before..

So please extend the offer PWE.
Career Officer
# 15
01-24-2013, 07:30 PM
They don't want to for a reason. Too many Lifer stipends roll out just after the sale ends.
Ensign
# 16 Better item for PW to sell
01-24-2013, 08:18 PM
Instead of lock box keys if PW wanted to make money why don't they sell Dilithium. Something that's been scaled way back now to earn and with Dilithium requirements sky rocketing on projects why don't you sell Dilithium? something that's more useful.

It doesn't make sense to cut back on dilithium rewards and skyrocket the requirements for dilithium in projects . So, if you sold dilithium youd make more oney than on keys.
Ensign
# 17 Sell Dilithium not keys
01-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Why doesn't PW sell dilithium instead of keys, something that is more useful considering the dilitjium rewards have been drastically reduced and dilithium requirements for projects have skyrocketed
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
01-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surek2 View Post
Why doesn't PW sell dilithium instead of keys, something that is more useful considering the dilitjium rewards have been drastically reduced and dilithium requirements for projects have skyrocketed
Dilithium rewards have been increased. Investigate Officer Reports is repeatable and the new lockbox has dilithium mining claims that let you get 5,000 dilithium per day, in less than 5 minutes.

ZEN on the dilithium exchange keeps dropping in value because every idiot in the community wants to keep undercutting the next guy by 1 dilithium per ZEN. IMO a fair price would be 200 dilithium per ZEN but when you have thousands of people undercutting each other the price quickly approaches zero. The thing is there are more than enough ways to get dilithium, and the ZEN should be worth more, but this cheapskate behavior is ruining the exchange rate. It's purely psychological, and not a problem of availability.

If they sold dilithium on the Z-Store I would be fine with that, as long as it was like 200 or 250 for 1 ZEN. They might as well remove the dilithium exchange after that, though.
Ensign
# 19
01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaguchisebet View Post
A new Lockbox and another Master Key Sale.

The thing about referring to these as Master Keys, is that they are not "Master Keys", there just keys that are consumed on use.

I know this is a marketing thing, to get money to keep the game running, but I think a revisit on the Item Name is required, it's almost mis-selling.

If it's a "Master Key", it should open ALL Lockboxes and not be consumed.

What should be done, is with each new Lockbox, have a new "Master Key" for that type of Lockbox, and sell a True Master Key for about 2000 Zen, that way you have a key that is not consumed on use and will open all the Lockboxes of that particular type.

Oh and as for Lobi Crystals, there needs to be another way to earn these In Game.

I'm a paying member of the game, so not a F2P expecting something for nothing, just highlighting the clear mistake on call these Master Keys.

Another idea, give you paying members a proper "Master Key" at the start of a Lockbox run that opens all the boxes in the run.
If you're breaking keys, you might not have a high enough locking picking skill!

/troll
Commander
# 20
01-25-2013, 04:01 AM
Stocked up on 12k zen during the zen sale and just spend it all on 100+ keys, thank!
Closed Thread