Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
# 121
01-24-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
The anniversary is in February, it's still January tomorrow, and it has been stated already on the web page that the anniversary ship is the Ambassador class, and the KDF ship whose name I forgot .lockbox ships have nothing to do with the anniversary.
if you look ingame at the calender it says it starts on the 31st of january and not febuary like you say
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 122
01-24-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Funny I use DHC on a Voquv and on a Bortasqu all the time in elite STFs. I even guarded the kang with a 4DHC 4 turret bort once just to prove it can be done. It doesn't work to good in pvp though but I did try it a few times and ended up 3rd in damage and kills, not as much as if I would have used beams or single cannons on it, but it still worked. With the right spec, gear, doffs and piloting skill its quite manageble in pve. Soloing cubes on elite is very easy with a DHC bortas to.

This new jem dreadnought will be great in pve with DHC, and will do somewhat ok in pvp using single cannons or beams, but its main failingin pvp is that a ship that turns that slow kind of needs more heals like a bortas has.
I've used a DHC based Recluse carrier for months, so i know how it works and what's the flaw of such a build. With such a ship you will be fine in STFs most of the times. But considering that PvE = STF is a major confusion.

My DHC recluse, in spite of tremendous hold & repel abilities with a sci cmdr boff, had difficulties with fast and mobile targets, and since the Borg content is now done, considering Cryptic doesn't plan to add more, we'll see various enemies and all of them have those damn frigates/escorts you can barely get in your firing arc. Don't even dream of CSV on such ships, even if it's a mandatory cannon skill in many fleetmark instances. Don't even dream of a meaningful APO III either.

To compete in these instances, i had to use all my piloting abilities, it was far from being perfect and efficient, and if it was hard for me i know most players won't be able to do it. Not that they are stupid but i see i'm a good player. No ship with a Cmdr boff should have such a small turnrate because it's not player-friendly at all and because it will be extremely frustrating to fly on the long run. It's not even a ship for good players, it's just terrible as it is and something no one should ever fly because of the awful but expectable outcome.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
# 123
01-24-2013, 07:13 AM
I sure hope that the bridge officer layout on the JH HEC is a typo... or the new motto will be "retreat is life!"
As a suggestion though in general and especially if you want to make ppl be more intrested in buying lockbox ships, how about you make the layouts like the bird of prey? all universal stations, so players can decide what they want to use and how, i'm sure most of us will like that.
As it is the JH HEC is off my list as i don't consider a ship with one tactical station an attack ship... the tactical setup is better on a Recluse LOL
And until i see the stats of the fighter/attack ships pets i won't purchase a Dreadnaught as i don't see why i would use it instead if my JH attack ship, but as they aren't account unlocks i need to use the Dread on the same player which will probably never fly it...
Was considering getting them to replace my KDF carrier fleet but i guess stats will tell...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,011
# 124
01-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Actually, my hope is that this will end the demise of beams, in that they give us some kind of "beam rapid fire" power or improve beams (or nerf cannons) in some other way soon.
I'd actually be fine with beams and cannons doing more comparable damage... IF cannons did substantially less threat and beams did substantially more.

Another thought might be if weapon types had a "Morale" passive tossed in. Your beam attacks might have a chance to increase rate of repair for your systems. Your cannon attacks might provide you with stacking turnrate buffs.

It's a somewhat tenuous idea from a roleplay perspective (again, unless you just think of it as your attacks influencing crew morale aboard the ship) but it would help give each weapon type a better defined role.

And with some of this, you could definitely play a Dreadnaught viably.

Imagine each cannon you have equipped added a stacking turnrate buff. And each beam added a stacking defensive bonus.

By putting more of the stats on the weapons, you'd have weapon type indicate and reflect playstyle more.

When you see beams, you think, "Tank/Control." When you see cannons, you'd think "Maneuverable DPS." And it would be true because equipping those weapons would make it true.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2
# 125
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
i know this is probably a dumb question, but does ANYONE know when the Ambassador class is getting added?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,431
# 126
01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhales View Post
i know this is probably a dumb question, but does ANYONE know when the Ambassador class is getting added?
It will occur during the anniversary event, Jan 31/1 Feb if I am correct, check your in-game callendar to see for sure, the event is already marked there.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 366
# 127
01-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhales View Post
i know this is probably a dumb question, but does ANYONE know when the Ambassador class is getting added?
In about 7 days.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,946
# 128
01-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I'd actually be fine with beams and cannons doing more comparable damage... IF cannons did substantially less threat and beams did substantially more.
Yes because a Science ship needs is threat.

Yes, lets force EVERYONE that plays on a cruiser to be "shoot at me please, I want to die because this is WOW and we MUST have the trinity".
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,039
# 129
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
I like the Jem HEC. It's practically identical to the Chimera Heavy Destroyer, but with an extra console slot and a hanger.

I love this BOff layout - enough Eng slots for EPtW1 x2, EPtS2 x2 and Aux2Struct. Enough Sci slots for Polarize Hull 1, HE1, TSS2. Enough Tac slots for TT1, APB1, CRF2, CRF3. I just constantly cycled those on my Chimera with 4 DHCs and 3 Turrets.

I hate the BOff layouts for most escorts, with 3 Ensign Tac abilities. Ugh.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 617
# 130 Missed Opportunity (Again)
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
You failed to realize a golden opportunity.
And not for the first time, I might add.

Ever since the game started, there's been a specific Jem'Hadar weapon I've had my eye on:
Kar'Takin
It's even on display on Earth Spacedock:
Kar'Takin on ESD

When the Dominion Featured Series came out, I fully expected this to be one of the mission rewards.
And now with this Lockbox, I expected the same.

Disappointed both times.


Also, as an aside, does the introduction of Dominion ships ingame sound the deathnell for a playable faction based around these ships?

I was eagerly anticipating a True Way faction which would allow me to make a Jem'Hadar Captain who could fly Dominion vessels.
I was going to give him all Dominion themed items, Polaron weapons, Vorta Science Officer, Jem'Hadar sets etc so on.
I'd even spend lobi on upgrading the Jem'Hadar gear for this character.

But with all these ships being made available via lockboxes, it seems highly unlikely they'll just give them to us for free for a Jem'Hadar Captain to fly.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:29 AM.