Ensign
# 21
01-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Ah my bad, didnt realise it was auto updated.

Its working now.

Cheers.
Ensign
# 22
01-24-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnbndub View Post
Ah my bad, didnt realise it was auto updated.

Its working now.

Cheers.
You mean you were able to log on?
I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart
Lieutenant
# 23 Won't download
01-25-2013, 09:55 PM
I click on the link in the first post and it gets loaded into the download que, but never starts downloading. Any advice?
Ensign
# 24
01-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Ok since I cant start a thread for help Im going to ask for it in this thread, today It has takin me over 25 minutes to log in and once I got in within 2 minutes you guys booted me so I tryed to log in again an currently Im stuck trying to loggin its stateing "Server is not responding" again so I dont know if you guys do anything for f2p players but this is stupid how are we going to subscribe to some game that doesnt give any help to f2pers what so ever and expect us to subscribe not going to happen thanks and good luck was going to but this is stupid....
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stnate View Post
After struggling with my launcher not updating after what seemed like every update (and trying everything from port forwarding to getting a new ip), it dawned on me to try tethering my phone to my computer and update the launcher through there, and it worked. So I will try my hardest to keep this updated with the newest launcher every time mine fails to update through my home internet. Therefore I will know when there is a problem of the launcher not auto-updating, and I will also have a way to get a launcher that will work.

Latest Star Trek Online.exe as of: This link should be auto-updated

http://files.startrekonline.com/laun...k%20Online.exe

Enjoy!

-----

Edited with a more secure link that is updated anytime we update the launcher. Please use the link above. ~BranFlakes
Thanks for the fix.
This thread should be stickied.
This is not as good as it used to be...
Ensign
# 26 luancher error
01-27-2013, 08:53 AM
im having problems with the launcher reading the
Quote:
patch client got a message while it was in a state with no response function
when ever I launch the game I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling the game any ideas
Ensign
# 27 Launcher Error
01-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterw0lf View Post
Not sure if the right place, but here goes. Im trying to pay STO on my desktop PC, and every time I hit the application, the launcher pops up. So far so good. I put in my info, and select "log in" and I get white box popping up saying there is a cryptic error enter what i was doing at time time and then submit. I do so... NOTHING. Happened every time. Ive tried running as admin, un-install, reboot everything. I have also tried the new launcher listed in the first post. The funny thing is...it works great on my laptop! Any help would be great! Thanks
I have the same problem for couple of months now. Reinstalled the game didn't help.
Win 7 64bit.
The launcher from the first post didn't help too - same error. It says "Oops! Your Cryptic aplication has crashed..." and details window below is empty.
We need a new launcher!

EDIT: Identified the problem - the launcher crashes when TeamViewer is on. It works fine if TW is off. Tested on 2 PCs with Win7 and Win XP

Last edited by neoset; 01-28-2013 at 03:30 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
01-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Still not working even after replacing launcher.

Have you updated this today?
Ensign
# 29
01-28-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm getting the same problem. Even after getting the new launcher (which I had to save at another location then cut/paste), it's getting stuck at the "Loading. Please wait" message. I'm not even getting to the login screen!

EDIT: Looks like I've run into the same Cogent server routing problem others have. It's timing out when it reaches Boston (I'm south of Buffalo, so mine goes Jamestown/Binghamton/Rochester/NYC/Boston and then stops)...

Last edited by harrisjohnh; 01-28-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Additional information.
Career Officer
# 30
01-28-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm having the loading problem too. Having downloaded the new launcher, I just get the white box with 'Loading, please wait' in it.

I have nothing like Team Viewer running, and have not changed anything since I last logged in yesterday.