Cryptic Studios Team
Good News:

I managed to squeeze in a few cycles in between other priorities, and spent some time today on the concept of rebuilding Fire At Will.

Bad News: (?)

Based on a series of tests I just performed, Fire at Will appears to completely inherit Accuracy stats from both the Captain, and any associated items.

------

I know a few folks here have run parses of combat logs, and performed tests of their own. Care to lend a hand in reproducing the reported Fire at Will issue? Because according to the steps I just took, there is no bug.

Here's how I was testing:

1) Give an NPC a +1000 Defense buff.
2) Fire at Will, and observe the miss-tastic light show.
3) Give myself a +1000 Accuracy buff (power-based, and equipment-based, in separate tests)
4) Fire at Will, and observe nearly every shot land as if neither of the above buffs were in place.

CONCLUSION: Fire at Will is using player and equipment Accuracy boosts when calculating its chance to hit.

So... where does that leave us?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 2
01-24-2013, 06:28 PM
just yesterday i looked at a FAW users log, he was using very inaccurate AP beams and only had ~85 acc with them. the entry's for his FAW had an acc of ~65%. generally most beam users have at least 95% acc in all the logs i parsed, and then i see their FAW and its never above 75%

sooo thats why we make these claims. i'll try to get screens later
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Empire Veteran
# 3
01-24-2013, 06:32 PM
I am both happy and sad on hearing this......
Career Officer
# 4
01-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
just yesterday i looked at a FAW users log, he was using very inaccurate AP beams and only had ~85 acc with them. the entry's for his FAW had an acc of ~65%. generally most beam users have at least 95% acc in all the logs i parsed, and then i see their FAW and its never above 75%

Perhaps there's some weird splitting of accuracy between the 2 targets per beam when using FAW. Bort, you should test that case just to be sure.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
01-24-2013, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post

This may be a side effect of each pulse hitting two targets?

A regular beam fires 4 times in a cycle, hitting one target between 1 and 4 times.
A fire-at-will firest 5 times in a cycle, hitting up to two targets between 1 and 5 times each.

Is it possible that whatever parsing tool is being used is counting the misses on Fire at Will, but not counting the correct number of potential activations, therefore driving the Hit:Miss ratio off-center?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Rihannsu
# 6
01-24-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm actually excited to see the results. will they be back to Pre-Season 4 BFAW?
Empire Veteran
# 7
01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This may be a side effect of each pulse hitting two targets?

A regular beam fires 4 times in a cycle, hitting one target between 1 and 4 times.
A fire-at-will firest 5 times in a cycle, hitting up to two targets between 1 and 5 times each.

Is it possible that whatever parsing tool is being used is counting the misses on Fire at Will, but not counting the correct number of potential activations, therefore driving the Hit:Miss ratio off-center?
possibly, but i recall seeing about as many 'miss' pop ups as there were damage dealt popups when i used FAW last.

BO3 also seems to have an issue. that issue being that it seems to have the same acc problem as FAW. i can have someone held and it doesn't mater, it will miss 25% of the time or more. wile BO2 has about the same acc of the beam that uses it
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 8
01-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
i'm Actually Excited To See The Results. Will They Be Back To Pre-season 4 Bfaw?
Nooooooo!!!1@
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Commander
# 9
01-24-2013, 07:28 PM
Screenshot for controlled test just now within the last 5mins:
http://i.imgur.com/hmuMPSY.png

Parser I use:
Info:
http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments...hensive_guide/

Script:https://raw.github.com/Abydos1/act-s.../master/sto.cs

That was agianst a player flying along side them at about 14.18 impulse (both ships), target had elusive but the char I used is one of my old ones and dosen't have accurate all I used was 8 beam arrays and the two fire at will.
Phaser did not proc on engines as far as I could tell (was switching between the two clients on the same computer). Only used TSS, Emergency Power to Shields, Hazard Emitters and Tac Team on the target.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard

Last edited by afree100; 01-24-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Captain
# 10
01-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtheyak View Post
Nooooooo!!!1@
I sorta gottta giggle at this response
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!