Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 11
01-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Cryptic could add a fourth deck option in the ship interiors (free or unlocked) that becomes available when you are in a group or raid (once 20 people OP groups). And the Officer's Quarter deck (fourth deck) is just a plan hallway that each door goes to an individual of that group / party. (I.E. it's instanced to personal quarters of each player).

That way each player customize their personal quarters and have it saved to their STO account than putting the burden on one single player's account?
I'm not exactly following the reasoning behind that.

By "add[ing] a fourth deck", it seems you assuming we're using the current in-game Bridge/Crew/Engineering setup, when in fact the proposal does away with this in favour of canon deck/room layouts.

I also don't see why I should find my personal quarters aboard someone else's starship (same goes for other players).

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I'm not an RPer, but I want them for immersion.
Guess that makes two of us

Quote:
I would have Quarters available by default, but customizing them unlockable via account wide zen purchase, or one very small dilithium purchase. Either way I would have them available all once. Unlocking them one by one is just........ eh.....
I'll go for the one-off Zen or Dilithium unlock as well.

The maximum number of crew quarters unlocked is determined by the number of commissioned BOffs a player has - I say maximum as it'd also be nice to have options to have up to two BOffs share a room (if, for instance, they are couples).

In terms of the overall release schedule, I'd probably put BOff quarters at the very last stage, since they serve a primarily decorative function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
In the proposed boarding action arenas, the game randomly picks an interior from one of the members of the "home" team. Should personal quarters be accessible during this event?
Quote:
Absolutely.
Coolio. Having these personal quarters accessible during the arenas would allow for hiding places and rally points for both teams.

Let me gather my thoughts for a bit, and I'll add something to the document this weekend.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots