Career Officer
# 271
01-24-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Because calling a ship that you need to either spend several hundred dollars on, or scrounge up a huge pile of EC a viable alternative to a ship one can get for free is ludicrous.

Simply put, a lockbox item is not a viable way to fix a faction-related imbalance. No matter how large or small.
Not disagreeing with that. Just saying that giving Attack ship owners a unique ship skin AND the ability to buy Attack ship pets is a touch unfair in and of itself.
Captain
# 272
01-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by romeowhiskey4 View Post
quoting the FAQ

Q: What are the odds for getting each of the rewards in the Lock Box?
A: We are not providing exact numbers the prizes contained within the Dominion Lock Box. The average value for a normal Lock Box is around 175 Zen.

Why? Bit shady isn't it?
I dunno. Anyone stupid enough to pay for keys with actual Zen given what they cost is likely also not the kind of person with enough neurons firing to even understand how odds work in the first place. That seems like the kind of thing you could Venn Diagram pretty easily.
Commander
# 273
01-24-2013, 03:32 PM
The Cheapest way to get these items is to sell keys on exchange for 1.4 to 1.6 mil a pop, and USe EC to Buys Ships. When Keys were going for 1 mil per and Zen was at its lowest i was ablle to scrounge up 100 keys. The 2 sales helped alot. With that I just bought both ships for under 200 mil EC. Anyone that keeps opening boxes to get the ships is going to spend a ton to get both of them.
Career Officer
# 274 Mining Claims
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
Ok the fact that this reward pack is bound to the toon they are opened on is complete crap. I can understand that if are account bound.

So lets look at this. I opened 100 Box's today and I got 8 VIPS and 6 preferred. This means to use the Items I won in this lockbox. I have to do a daily mission for 116 days!!!

REALLY ?? I can trade CXP bonus, Fleet Mark bonus, skill point bonus. So any of my toons can use them. but this one that is in place of those are bound to only one toon.

Total BS that in a box i opened today, the soonest i can use the item is May 20th 2013
Stonewall@LordHarconan

Lifetime Member
Vice Admiral of the Omega Family Fleet
(228 members and growing)
Captain
# 275
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlofthar View Post
Ok the fact that this reward pack is bound to the toon they are opened on is complete crap. I can understand that if are account bound.

So lets look at this. I opened 100 Box's today and I got 8 VIPS and 6 preferred. This means to use the Items I won in this lockbox. I have to do a daily mission for 116 days!!!

REALLY ?? I can trade CXP bonus, Fleet Mark bonus, skill point bonus. So any of my toons can use them. but this one that is in place of those are bound to only one toon.

Total BS that in a box i opened today, the soonest i can use the item is May 20th 2013
Please see my thread on this issue:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=524711
Career Officer
# 276 dominion lock box
01-24-2013, 06:59 PM
is it me or just badluck all i have gotten is doff packs or claims no consoles or heacy cruiser
I see a ton have gotten it it is anoying all the stuff flashing on screen
Career Officer
# 277
01-24-2013, 07:00 PM
it is getting old now please stop telling who beat nowin or what ship they got
Rihannsu
# 278
01-24-2013, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
is it me or just badluck all i have gotten is doff packs or claims no consoles or heacy cruiser
I see a ton have gotten it it is anoying all the stuff flashing on screen
Assuming the loot table is structured like the last lockbox, the odds of getting the grand prize are about 1/278. It's perfectly normal to open a number of packs and only get the basic ~175 Zen prizes.
Commander
# 279
01-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
it is getting old now please stop telling who beat nowin or what ship they got
You do know you can turn off the flyby notifications right?
Empire Veteran
# 280
01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchannibal View Post
Why would you buy a dreadnought carrier if you can't get the attack ship pet when you don't have yourself the jem'hadar attack ship ? why this restriction ???

If you are Lucky enough to possess a jem'hadar attack ship, why the hell would you buy the carrier, when you can pilot the best ship existing in sto ? ...
I absolutely agree with this.

Quote:
Not being able to buy jem'hadar attack ship pets renders this ship useless. 800 lobi for a useless ship, that's very expensive
There are plenty great choices... especially on the KDF side. From what I have read, the Jem'Hadar Attack ship hangar is not going to make or break this ship.

Join Date: December 2009 - Alliance Central Command - boq botlhra'ghom