Captain
# 61
01-24-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

All threads containing positive or negative feedback about the set upgrades will be merged with this thread, as the devs are specifically watching this thread for feedback. This is much easier than trying to search for many threads on the subject.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I think people are just under the impression the Jem'hadar sets would become god-sets since you had to pay lobi to upgrade them. Other than that, the upgrade to mk XII is fine.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 62
01-24-2013, 07:38 PM
I would like to know if those stats from the 'upgraded' set are real o just another bugged tooltip information
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Ensign
# 63
01-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
the jem'hadar shield needs way more shield capacity
thats about it, in my opinion.
^ This... and cowbell.
Starfleet Veteran
# 64
01-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallaxe33 View Post
^ This... and cowbell.
Agree, the shield cap that maco has should be the same as Jem set. Or just below it.

HOWEVER, the sweep skill should have a wider arc than what it currently has as well.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Captain
# 65
01-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallaxe33 View Post
^ This... and cowbell.
I second this opinion.

I was looking forward to upgrading the space set - even considering going back to re-acquire the ground set for my Jem boff.

Not now. Not ever. What a waste of money

Admiral Thrax
HAIL HYDRA! Kirk's Protege 10/26/13 http://www.dtfleet.com
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
01-24-2013, 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
I think people are just under the impression the Jem'hadar sets would become god-sets since you had to pay lobi to upgrade them. Other than that, the upgrade to mk XII is fine.
No, it's because you are downgrading if you already have STF or Fleet gear so what's the point. The engine spec does not even upgrade at all, and the shield upgrade is minimal. It needs a bit more Ommpf if I am going to get my bug out of storage.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Starfleet Veteran
# 67
01-24-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
[...] The engine spec does not even upgrade at all,[...]
That's why i would like to know if the tooltip is bugged or not...
In every time,
in every place,
the deeds of men
remain the same...
Lt. Commander
# 68
01-24-2013, 08:00 PM
Okay not sure if this a bug or not but the mk 11 and mk 12 engine have exact same stats! No improvement what so ever.

I expected more turn rate +38 flight turn rate, a little more speed (15.1 flightspeed), +3 power to weapons, and +8.5 weapon power at low levels.

The deflector needs Structural Integrity in my opinion give it +17 of that. You know actually upgrade it by giving it another stat if not structural how about shield systems?

Shield I was thinking it would have 12% resistance to all energy damage and +12 kinetic damage resistance. Another cap modifier or regen modifier added. The crew thing is alright I guess. An idea I had for an interesting shield is give it a innate very minor reverse shield polarity like .8% of energy damage is converted to shield health. So you get hit with 4k crit and .8% of that gets turned into a 32 shield heal.

The 2 piece set bonus I was expecting it to go from 8.1% polaron damage to 9.8% polaron damage with mk 12 set.

No comment on 3 piece set, but maybe add the innate reverse shield polarity as 3 piece set.

I feel that stuff above may feel like its an actual upgrade worth 200 lobi.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=490421 We want this help build support!
Commander
# 69
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusemperor View Post
Okay not sure if this a bug or not but the mk 11 and mk 12 engine have exact same stats! No improvement what so ever.

I expected more turn rate +38 flight turn rate, a little more speed (15.1 flightspeed), +3 power to weapons, and +8.5 weapon power at low levels.

The deflector needs Structural Integrity in my opinion give it +17 of that. You know actually upgrade it by giving it another stat if not structural how about shield systems?

Shield I was thinking it would have 12% resistance to all energy damage and +12 kinetic damage resistance. Another cap modifier or regen modifier added. The crew thing is alright I guess. An idea I had for an interesting shield is give it a innate very minor reverse shield polarity like .8% of energy damage is converted to shield health. So you get hit with 4k crit and .8% of that gets turned into a 32 shield heal.

The 2 piece set bonus I was expecting it to go from 8.1% polaron damage to 9.8% polaron damage with mk 12 set.

No comment on 3 piece set, but maybe add the innate reverse shield polarity as 3 piece set.

I feel that stuff above may feel like its an actual upgrade worth 200 lobi.
Good Idea: Like the increase Polaron damage. also like the reverse shield idea also. This Set feels like an insult. They just gave it a tiny tiny little bump on two of the 3 parts and changed the Eng in name only. (if thats not just a discription error and its actually the same specs as the XI, then thats a huge insult)
Commander
# 70
01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
200 lobi for a tiny TINY percent increase in only shield and def stats, eng is the same???

Come on cryptic, pull your socks up and do what you advertised this set was suppose to be. You said it would be on par with endgame sets, it isnt at all, all you did was make a set with xii in the name thats basically it. These are not vanity items at all.

People paying alot of money for lockbox jem ships and 200 lobi for the xii set and you basically shaft them in the set that "should" be used on it for end game.

Please, stick a cap on and a regen on the shield, update the engine at least something there instead of identical to xi version.