Captain
# 41
01-24-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
PvP and PvE are different animals.

For PvP Accx3 isn't bad if you don't build you ships w/TB or other defense debuffs (particularly if you PuG) and you like to maintain high pressure damage (which has its uses). It also helps if you like dogfighting and can maintain a quality defense cycle, so you outgrind an opponent.

It's just the crit modifiers help spike in a short window.
Well I dont know any way to test dps outside PvE ,unless I ask someone to sit there and let me fire at his ship.
Captain
# 42
01-24-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
Well I dont know any way to test dps outside PvE ,unless I ask someone to sit there and let me fire at his ship.
There are combat log parsing tools you can tryout. The was a recent priority 1 stream, iirc, where they do a thorough walk through of setting one up in the show.
Captain
# 43
01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
That would actually be a more controlled test. With that, all conditions will be equal except for whatever you are testing.

My fleet mates and I have done plenty of tests on weapon types, configurations, modifiers, etc.
Empire Veteran
# 44
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
just like ive come to the conclusion that enough acc has diminishing returns, im to the point where ive decided crtH has diminishing return as well. i have about ~27% built in acc thanks to the acc trait and omega deflector, that with 1 acc mod gives me low to mid 90s% acc in practice. with 3 crit consoles and 1 or 2 rom boff and APA im close enough to 20% crit chance before i hold someone and destroy their defense score.

i considered getting some acc1 crtD2 guns, 1 acc mod is still needed unless you intend to do 100% of your effective damage wile tractoring somebody. but i thought i would take a look at fleet weapons too. i couldn't help but notice the base damage difference alone was huge compared to what i was using, mkXI purple gear, since i had tones of fleet marks i decided to pick up a set of forward guns. so far the dps is noticeably better, and the accuracy with 1 acc mod is well over 90%.

those fleet weapon in reality are dam x7 i think, very rare weapons have 3 built in dam mods, this even higher quality gives a 4th, and then it also has 3 more dam mods. i think the standard damage with these guns is not far off from the crit damage of my old guns. more parsing is needed before i say for sure.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 45
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
those fleet weapon in reality are dam x7 i think, very rare weapons have 3 built in dam mods, this even higher quality gives a 4th, and then it also has 3 more dam mods. i think the standard damage with these guns is not far off from the crit damage of my old guns. more parsing is needed before i say for sure.

I remember seeing "AntonioSalieri" mentioning in OPvP that Fleet Weapons weren't as bad as most people make out, so it would be very interesting to see any results you get.

I'm curious what the base damage difference is of a MK XII [DMG]x3 DHC vs. a Fleet MK XII [???] [DMG]x3 weapon is.
Captain
# 46
01-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
just like ive come to the conclusion that enough acc has diminishing returns, im to the point where ive decided crtH has diminishing return as well. i have about ~27% built in acc thanks to the acc trait and omega deflector, that with 1 acc mod gives me low to mid 90s% acc in practice. with 3 crit consoles and 1 or 2 rom boff and APA im close enough to 20% crit chance before i hold someone and destroy their defense score.

i considered getting some acc1 crtD2 guns, 1 acc mod is still needed unless you intend to do 100% of your effective damage wile tractoring somebody. but i thought i would take a look at fleet weapons too. i couldn't help but notice the base damage difference alone was huge compared to what i was using, mkXI purple gear, since i had tones of fleet marks i decided to pick up a set of forward guns. so far the dps is noticeably better, and the accuracy with 1 acc mod is well over 90%.

I have a set of Acc fleet weapons I got when they came out and they hit noticeably harder then my Accx3 weapons, but since I switched to CrtHx3 they do even better for me I think. I'll give them another try again to be sure as I have a lot more crit bonuses since then when I used to use fleet weapons.
Captain
# 47
01-24-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
It's been awhile, but I pretty sure, when I compared my mk XII purple DHCs, the difference between the Fleet DHCs with [dmg]x3 was under 20.

The Mk and rarity gives the weapon a slight boost in it's damage. If I look at my MK XI purple and MK XII purple, there's about a 20 or so damage difference.
Empire Veteran
# 48
01-24-2013, 09:19 PM
on fleet ktinga with 3 [Console - Tactical - Tetryon Pulse Generator Mk XI]

[Phased Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [Acc]x2]
tooltip: 515, dps 343.3
adjusted: 1783.3, dps 1188.9

[Advanced Fleet Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]]
tooltip: 567.5, dps 378.3
adjusted: 1914.7, 1276.5

at least for me, its quite a raw damage upgrade. im not trying more a direct comparison, this is simply what i had and what i went to
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Commander
# 49
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
When the advanced fleet weapons first came out, I tested the acc dmgx3 beams with some of my fleet mates under controlled conditions. The results were... surprising.

The higher base damage compensate for the lack of ACC to a degree. You miss a lot, but if you hit, then you hit like a mule. They are not the best weapons in this game but definitivly better than their image. There is a reason why I sometimes switch out my fancy mk12 full acc weapons against the fleet weapons.

Visit the Inner Circle YouTube Channel to watch some pew pew PVP action!
Empire Veteran
# 50
01-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilhansk View Post
When the advanced fleet weapons first came out, I tested the acc dmgx3 beams with some of my fleet mates under controlled conditions. The results were... surprising.

The higher base damage compensate for the lack of ACC to a degree. You miss a lot, but if you hit, then you hit like a mule. They are not the best weapons in this game but definitivly better than their image. There is a reason why I sometimes switch out my fancy mk12 full acc weapons against the fleet weapons.
i have heard good things about the beams. and with acc trait and a deflector with acc you should have over 90% acc with a weapon with just 1 acc mod. something that hits as hard as a DHC i could see the more popular mods being better for. but from what i had these cannons are a noticable upgrade

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 01-25-2013 at 12:50 AM.