Ensign
# 11
01-03-2013, 03:46 PM
Having the same problem, no toons anywhere, and the help tooltip on how to change servers, is worthless, as I CANNOT see anywhere on the launcher to changer servers
Ensign
# 12
01-24-2013, 05:14 PM
same problem here...

bought lifetime subscription and now all my characters are gone?

can't figure out this merge garbage. the instructions do not work for me.

now it says my join date is jan of 2013? huh? i joined during the beta. what is this mess?
Ensign
# 13
01-24-2013, 10:45 PM
Oh dear, am I going to have to start a new character when/if I get back in? That's outrageous.
I reach for the stars, but still touch my own heart
Ensign
# 14 yep mine are gone too
05-22-2013, 03:49 PM
I had alot of goodies and 2 or 3 lev capped guys i was going to make my Romulan some weps and gear
Ensign
# 15
05-27-2013, 03:51 PM
I can get into my account as well, with my original Cryptic account, however, my characters are all gone! Please help me! I've sent a ticket 2 weeks ago, and still no answer!
Ensign
# 16
05-28-2013, 12:59 AM
I had an STO subscription a few months after it's initial release. I quit playing because I couldn't afford both a WoW membership and an STO membership at the same time. I decided to give the game another go, and tried to get my old account back. I could recover my cryptic username and password, but when attempting to log in with them, it would say invalid username/pass. I ended up creating a new account and started fresh since I didn't get very far when I first started playing, but the only reason I wanted my old account was because of the classic enterprise my original gamedisk came with. Oh well.
Lieutenant
# 17
05-28-2013, 06:33 AM
I'm in the same boat, been waiting for over a week for customer service to respond. My accounts didn't properly link after being gone for about eight months, and now I have no access to my previous content, including a lifetime subscription and tons of store purchases, and several max level characters.

I guess all the time and money I gave cryptic means nothing to PWE, I can't say I'm shocked, but I'm disappointed that I lost nearly $500 to them.
Ensign
# 18
05-28-2013, 07:13 AM
I'm in the same boat...

I seem to have a free-to-play account. I know my lifetime membership account with Cryptic but I cant link it to my account at PW.

nothing to do but wait.
Lieutenant
# 19
05-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derfling74forum View Post
nothing to do but wait.
Except apparently that isn't going to work either, over a week for me, two for some. We appear to have just been taken by their bad system, with no recourse.
Ensign
# 20
05-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Its bull. I made a ticket and it took them 6 days to get back to me. NOW there telling me they can TRY and recover my old account by unlinking and relinking but that will delete anything new. So my 6 day old Romulan with 20hrs in game time will be deleted. They could at least have something in the FAQ explaining that if you need support to assist you DONT DO ANYTHING NEW. This is the email I just got from them.

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting us about this issue.

It appears you had Cryptic credentials on your Perfect World account; this happened automatically when you logged your PWE account into a Cryptic game or website. I am able to remove these credentials from your PWE account, in order to attempt the account linking process again. However, all Star Trek Online characters and purchases that are currently on the account will be lost.

If you would like us to unlink the Perfect World account from these Cryptic Credentials, please let us know in your update to this ticket.

Kind regards,
GM-Unception