Captain
# 1 Cancel a ongoing project
11-22-2012, 08:42 AM
In the rep. system I have who slots that I can use.
One of them is ongoing with a 2000 omega project .. the second one I opened the borg processor project. Well, the thing is I have now access to the tier 1 activation project .. BUT this is in que as next project for where I have the borg processor project. I don't see to be able to move the tier project to the empty slot on the other one.
Nor do I have enough borg processor items to run it.. or time to hunt for additional 3.

.. so what should I do?
Can I delete any ongoing projects?
Or can I move it to another project slot?
Empire Veteran
# 2
11-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post
One of them is ongoing with a 2000 omega project .. the second one I opened the borg processor project. Well, the thing is I have now access to the tier 1 activation project .. BUT this is in que as next project for where I have the borg processor project. I don't see to be able to move the tier project to the empty slot on the other one.
Nor do I have enough borg processor items to run it.. or time to hunt for additional 3.

.. so what should I do?
At this time, just like Starbase projects, you can not cancel first slot projects.
You will just have to plan better next time. I know, because I did the same thing.
Now how do you fix this? Run Elite STFs for the other NPs you need.
That's your only option.
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Commander
# 3
11-22-2012, 10:27 AM
Yep, afraid you'll have to suck it up and waste the BNPs. I did it myself when I jumped the gun and clicked it thinking it was the tier 1 upgrade because my rep tier 1 was ready to go. They have mentioned that they are looking into a cancel option but I won't even begin speculating when that will show up. Probably long after we don't need it anymore.
Captain
# 4
11-22-2012, 10:57 AM
I guess Elite STF it is.. and hoping for 3 borg processors as reward.
Captain
# 5
11-22-2012, 10:58 AM
It be the same as the star bases something that is getting looked into but never implemented
Captain
# 6
11-22-2012, 11:02 AM
This is a close second right after being allowed to buy items while leveling
Career Officer
# 7
11-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestargaze View Post

.. so what should I do?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=457021

Quote:
The Reputation System, including the STFs are getting some major changes over the next two weeks. Here is a rundown of what is going to happen over the next several Holodeck updates.

Omega Conversion Crates can be opened immediately. You will no longer need to achieve T3 in Omega Fleet to open these.
Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.
Ensign
# 8 I feel your pain
12-11-2012, 11:04 AM
Yeah I made the same mistake as my very first project. I mistakenly assumed that it was the new dilithium mechanic of STF's and that there was no other purpose for the NP's and I figured 5 for 1500 dill is 300 dill per elite STF... oh well (The graphics or fonts made the numbers overlap and look like 1500). Needles to say I just had to grind it out and be careful next time... ;however, there are lots of projects that cost way to much to not want and have to do just because of a queuing mistake.

I understand the concern that fleet credits could be made by donating just marks and then dropping the mission, the whole rinse repeat thing.

There is absolutely no reason at all that projects that have not been donated to can't be dropped. The only reason not to allow reputation projects to be dropped after they are started is because of accidental loss of current investment since there is no reward until completion. Canceling a project before it is started just makes sense and the ability to do so has no risks or costs associated. Not including the very basic and necessary function of choosing a deferent project before one is started is a pretty major oversight that I hope is soon corrected.
Ensign
# 9 Drop reputation project
01-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Sigh, I just made this classic mistake, and I was being so careful all the way to tier IV.

I've opened a ticket but I don't hold any hope of help dropping the Advanced scorpion hanger pet, that I clicked on thinking it was the 800 rep project (I'd just hit tier IV and didn't realize).

Now I have to find 20 DOFFs, 24000 dil, 2 peregrin fighters and 120 romulan marks. I estimate the cost is around 10 million EC - which will take me a month to make at my present rate.

Worst thing is, I'm tactical, don't even have a cruiser so I can't use this pet...
Ensign
# 10
01-24-2013, 11:02 PM
I'm guess I will be waiting for the Lock box/Zen store token to cancel Rep/Starbase missions. That seems like the only things they work on anymore.