Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 51
01-24-2013, 10:51 PM
In all honesty I think the kdf got the better deal this time.

The nadeon detonator affects all torpedo types, If used with trics it will fire one torpedo per valid target and will also set your tric into a shorter global cd, allowing you fire it again rather quickly.

The bio neural torp is just a single torp with a turret, It does nothing else.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Commander
# 52
01-25-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by disposeableh3r0 View Post
The bio neural torp is just a single torp with a turret, It does nothing else.
Not quite true.
BNW counts as a Trico, so it does not share cd with normal torps.
It also has a shield, and its point defense is quite powerful.
It also makes for a decent target to put Extend Shield on for the 10% DOff buff and will attack heavy torpedos, acting as a point defense.

He's dead, Jim.
Career Officer
# 53
01-25-2013, 05:35 AM
Well, I just got my hands on the Nadeon Detonator and I can tell you first hand the KDF got the better deal.

Bio neurals sound great on paper but the opportunity cost is too high. It locks your weapon slot out for a full minute at a time. Torp doffs don't work. Your stuck with it.

Nadeon Detonator gives me a "damned-close-to-no-time-cost" tric spread because it cycles my tric so its ready to fire again 15 seconds later. Oh, and the trics have PSW attached...

Happy days.

Edit: And all this is assuming you actually want to load a tric. If you want to load anything else then the Nadeon Detonator would be your only option...
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard

Last edited by kimmym; 01-25-2013 at 05:37 AM.
Career Officer
# 54
01-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Ultimatum, the quote you've attributed to me above wasn't me. It was Malak:

I'm not well-versed enough in canon to really contribute to canonicity debates
GAH!!

Edited, and fixed. Sorry dude.

Captain
# 55
01-25-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Ultimatum, the quote you've attributed to me above wasn't me. It was Malak:

I'm not well-versed enough in canon to really contribute to canonicity debates
I really need to learn to keep my trap shut, I've lost the canon debate more times than I can count and keep reminding myself that canon is ONLY whats been shown on TV and film (which is littered with apologies from directors and writers for mistakes in stories and designs that are now binding ST canon). My experience with the IP was more from non-canonical sources that IMHO maintained better continuity, richer history and more reasonable explanations for things than offered from canonical sources. I'm sometimes saddened by what this game has to offer but I try to live with it as it's the only Trek game in town ATM.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Career Officer
# 56
01-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Just make all the C-Store ship consoles account bound already. End of issue.

(The ones usable on any ship, of course)
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-25-2013, 10:41 AM
really huh i didnt think grownups cried so much?
Career Officer
# 58
01-25-2013, 11:23 AM
It's about bloody TIME the feds got this... but I don't want HY/Spread with it. It's three OP as it is. What did the Klinks get in this box? Nadeon Detonator. FAR more powerful, now that it works with all torpedoes. For once, the KDF got the better deal on something. Now, if only there would be 2 Mirror KDF and 1 Mirror Starfleet ship.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Community Moderator
# 59
01-25-2013, 01:15 PM
My KDF could certainly use the ND... but I don't use it to open lockboxes.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Empire Veteran
# 60
01-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Feds got Bio Neural warhead *snicker*

Feds got Bio Neural warhead *chortle*

Feds got Bio Neural warhead *rolls on floor laughing*

Not thats its not usefull or anything.. it is..but its got a gawd awefull long refire delay/cool down. Takes forever to start actually heading for its target.. only exists for a finite amount of time.. It will how ever track on the next availible target if its original target has been destroyed, how ever, I have seen player operated ships run away from it, as its really not all that fast moving. And none of my toons bother with it in anything other then the most (borg red alerts come to mind.. the borg seem quite confused about the silly thing, and it is handy in a plasma torp enviormrnt as any heavy plasma in its range get shot down)

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!