Survivor of Romulus
# 111
01-25-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
You are not a Trek fan or you would know that anything done when Gene was alive and creator/producer is canon.That ship is not canon and nither is that show.

This is why JJs Star Trek is not canon

I said what I said about the earning and I know I ma right if you debated with me again without me looking at my last post.You sure don't know much about the franchise or what went on.There are Starfleet Battle fans who aren't hard core fans of the shows that know more than you.

I can't prove the evidence because it is in print not on the net.Not eveything is on the net you know.

btw to all the Enterprise is not the flagship just one of the Stars as Gene didn't want it that way.it is like the General Lee of the Dukes of Hazard.
I really must thank you. You've provided me and my friends with much entertainment.

Not a Trek fan? Look in the mirror sir. No true Trek fan would seek to exclude anyone else from being Trek fans just because they don't subscribe to a narrow interpretation of "canon." The spirit of Star Trek is an inclusive one. People of different races and cultures working together for the benefit of all. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. You, sir, obviously do not understand that concept. I love all of Star Trek from "The Cage" to "Star Trek Into Darkness" and everything in between. True Trek fans respect that even if they disagree with it.

And did you notice how you contradicted yourself? Earlier you were harping on about how Data was dead, because his death was on screen in the movie and therefor canon. But wait, Nemesis was made many, many years after Gene's death, so how, by your definition, can it be canon?

I've still yet to see any evidence to back up any of your claims. What publication are you citing? What was the publication date? What was the issue number? Who was the author? What were the numbers? What experts did they quote? And btw, I tweeted Michael Okuda and asked him if the TNG movies made money. I think we'd agree he'd be in a position to know. He said, quite simply, "yes." Is that unequivocal proof? No. But it is interesting.

Back on topic: I think eldarion79 is right. Kirk probably goes in for that naval tradition that says "Any officer that commands a ship is a 'captain' no matter what their permanent rank, and there can only be one 'captain' on a ship."
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
01-25-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
You are not a Trek fan or you would know that anything done when Gene was alive and creator/producer is canon.That ship is not canon and nither is that show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Not a Trek fan? Look in the mirror sir. No true Trek fan would seek to exclude anyone else from being Trek fans just because they don't subscribe to a narrow interpretation of "canon."
"No True Scotsman" fallacy.

Raptr profile
Republic Veteran
# 113
01-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Exactly there is no such thing as a "true Trek Fan" everyone has their own definitions.
Captain
# 114
01-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I really must thank you. You've provided me and my friends with much entertainment.

Not a Trek fan? Look in the mirror sir. No true Trek fan would seek to exclude anyone else from being Trek fans just because they don't subscribe to a narrow interpretation of "canon." The spirit of Star Trek is an inclusive one. People of different races and cultures working together for the benefit of all. Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations. You, sir, obviously do not understand that concept. I love all of Star Trek from "The Cage" to "Star Trek Into Darkness" and everything in between. True Trek fans respect that even if they disagree with it.

And did you notice how you contradicted yourself? Earlier you were harping on about how Data was dead, because his death was on screen in the movie and therefor canon. But wait, Nemesis was made many, many years after Gene's death, so how, by your definition, can it be canon?

I've still yet to see any evidence to back up any of your claims. What publication are you citing? What was the publication date? What was the issue number? Who was the author? What were the numbers? What experts did they quote? And btw, I tweeted Michael Okuda and asked him if the TNG movies made money. I think we'd agree he'd be in a position to know. He said, quite simply, "yes." Is that unequivocal proof? No. But it is interesting.

Back on topic: I think eldarion79 is right. Kirk probably goes in for that naval tradition that says "Any officer that commands a ship is a 'captain' no matter what their permanent rank, and there can only be one 'captain' on a ship."
That maybe your thinkng but it as not all Trek fan agree with one another.I didn't contractict myself as he gave blessing for the TNG but not Enterprise.

I don't need to give out my sources as they wiedely avaible on Star Trek Gamers if you would just go and do some searching.It seems your are to lazey to and the publications that close 20 years ago.You think I can go out and get those that have now who nows where.

Why would I be an Administator on the oldest fansite on the net if I didn't know any of this it is all there.you are going to have to go look hotlinking is forbidden.

btw there is not flagship and the Enterprise is not the flag ship as Kirk never referred to it that way.Picard may have said but in true it isn't as it has no Fleet Admiral on board.when it comes to the modern Navey a 5 star Admirlae must be abourd in oder to call it that.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 115
01-25-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp26 View Post
Are you saying that Generations, Insurrection, Nemesis, DS9 and Voyager were not cannon?! Dude, are you high? The continuity runs from TOS all the way to Voyager. And Gene was already dead when the D rescued Scotty. Are you saying that was not cannon either? And Spocks reunification quest? Dude, you just erased over half of the Treck universe and history. Again, are you high?
I ma only referring to the show Enterprise it is not canon.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers