Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 211
01-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Better than Galaxy-R = NO!
Yeah everything is better than the Galaxy.R until they make the ensigns on the Galaxy, Defiant and Intrepid R universal **** everything is better than them.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 212
01-25-2013, 02:10 AM
I'm just pointing out the obvious-obviously. Galaxy class is the one of the stample item of Star Trek franchise. I'm really curious why CBS let them handle TNG with such ignorance. I understand that most Cryptic's devs are DS9 fanboys, but that should not excuse them.

Galaxy > Ambassador > Excelsior is what one would expect, simpley because of their age and technology used.

In STO, it's most likely going to be the exact opposite.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 213
01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
I've gotten nothing but positive response from my Boff Layout idea. Now its up to cryptic to pay the piper and listen. XD
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 226
# 214
01-25-2013, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I'm just pointing out the obvious-obviously. Galaxy class is the one of the stample item of Star Trek franchise. I'm really curious why CBS let them handle TNG with such ignorance. I understand that most Cryptic's devs are DS9 fanboys, but that should not excuse them.

Galaxy > Ambassador > Excelsior is what one would expect, simpley because of their age and technology used.

In STO, it's most likely going to be the exact opposite.
Yeah, there's an obvious Dev bias against the Galaxy R, they didn't even give it a universal ensign when they gave it's opposite number the Negh'var one. To say nothing of it's better turn rate, cloaking device and DHCs (which are only marginally useful admittedly). But hey, saucer separation, right?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,192
# 215
01-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode View Post
Yeah, there's an obvious Dev bias against the Galaxy R, they didn't even give it a universal ensign when they gave it's opposite number the Negh'var one. To say nothing of it's better turn rate, cloaking device and DHCs (which are only marginally useful admittedly). But hey, saucer separation, right?
I have tweeted Geko, about why Fleet Negh'Var got universal ensign and the Fleet Galaxy-R did not, which is obvious difference...No answer yet and I do not expect one... go figure
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,690
Its in Sacrifice of Angels when the fed fleet first charges the dominion fleet as the camera pans right the Ambassador is flying away from the camera on the right. It's not on the screen*for long but the only time I've seen one other than Yesterday's Enterprise or the first episode of DS9.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,333
# 217
01-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
I've gotten nothing but positive response from my Boff Layout idea. Now its up to cryptic to pay the piper and listen. XD
After reading the last several posts you have made in this thread, can I ask one favor? Please tune down the "me-fest" a notch or two? I'm not trying to troll or anything, but it's a bit overboard. You had an suggestion, maybe even a good one (I don't disagree with it,btw) and some people agree with it, thats wonderful. Making statements and supporting them is one thing, but the comments like:


Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
My thread was ruined with Overpowered bullshiz and people who don't understand my idea at all. what the frack... Merry Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
But a lot more people agree with my idea than the troll ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
The Breen Chel Grett isn't a cruiser. its a overhyped over the weight limit escort.

Geko and the folks at Cryptic would be wise to use my idea not only for balance but for satisfaction of the Enterprise Line at Tier5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
So many of you want Op as hell ambassadors. Do any of you PVP at all or do you find fun in fighting retarded NPCs? My ship has BALANCE. Yours are just overpowering I win button wannabes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
My idea is Balanced. I have a nice case of Samual Adam's for Geko ready if this comes true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
No. My boff slots are sufficient. Yours are overpowering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbmoney View Post
Hey look im bumping this again

My first post in this thread is the only good one a lot of people agree with. I hope the devs listen.
And there's one in another thread where you said a persons opinion was good because he liked your idea.

You aren't making convincing points, just "me,me,me"-isms. Can you work on that a bit, you would even have more support if you communicated it differently

Last edited by whamhammer1; 01-25-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,333
# 218
01-25-2013, 05:04 PM
If the Ambassador and its KDF counterpart are released in the next few weeks, is it possible that players will get "ship overload" right after the two new Jemmie' ships, the three mirror ships and people hitting Tier 4 and 5 in their starbases? Almost sounds as if the Ambassador may be a bit underwhelming in the middle of all of the other ships its in the middle of.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 219
01-25-2013, 06:49 PM
Your response makes you seem like the type of person who would go to the mall on christmas and tell random 5 year olds Santa doesn't exist. finding the negative in everyones hope.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 220
01-26-2013, 08:08 AM
Also did you read the whole thread?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:27 AM.