Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 397
# 51
01-25-2013, 06:10 AM
i read much about total damage in a specific timeframe.

But I am more interested in the amount of spike damage can be dealt by critting a few times during a strike (like 5 seconds with CRF and perhaps accompanied with APA and APO). Thats how ships are killed. not if you do 1000 damage more in 10 minutes with those specific modifiers.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 52
01-25-2013, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
on fleet ktinga with 3 [Console - Tactical - Tetryon Pulse Generator Mk XI]

[Phased Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XI [Acc]x2]
tooltip: 515, dps 343.3
adjusted: 1783.3, dps 1188.9

[Advanced Fleet Tetryon Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XII [Dmg]x3 [Acc]]
tooltip: 567.5, dps 378.3
adjusted: 1914.7, 1276.5

at least for me, its quite a raw damage upgrade. im not trying more a direct comparison, this is simply what i had and what i went to
I think you're better off with getting a purple mk XII DHC with [crth]x3 than the advanced fleet weapons.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,096
# 53
01-25-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I think you're better off with getting a purple mk XII DHC with [crth]x3 than the advanced fleet weapons.
perhaps, but i did not need to exchange millions of ec for these.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,069
# 54
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I think you're better off with getting a purple mk XII DHC with [crth]x3 than the advanced fleet weapons.
without 1 acc I dont think that crtH will help alot especially in escort dogfights .If the difference in damage between accx3 and [acc][crtH]x2 is not big (I know for sure [CrtH]x3 works great in PvE where almost all npc's never move) imo accx3 is better ....but then again I dont have the accurate trait on my main toon so any DHC I get has to have 1 acc.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 55
01-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
perhaps, but i did not need to exchange millions of ec for these.
True. If you don't have the EC, it's a good choice. But, if you do have the EC and have nothing else you want to spend it on, I'd say go for the mk XII purples.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,096
# 56
01-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
without 1 acc I dont think that crtH will help alot especially in escort dogfights .If the difference in damage between accx3 and [acc][crtH]x2 is not big (I know for sure [CrtH]x3 works great in PvE where almost all npc's never move) imo accx3 is better ....but then again I dont have the accurate trait on my main toon so any DHC I get has to have 1 acc.
the missing factor here is movement control. if i can snag someone between TTs and APOs, and i have crtH3 weapons, they take damage about how npcs do. your pretty on off at that point though, if your inate acc isnt very high you wont do much between hold opertunities. but, what maters is the swiftly gotten kill, not the total scoreboard number.

if you cant control movement, your going to get the most mileage out of lots of acc, up to a point. past about 90% your pretty golden imo. get above that and focus on crit
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,123
# 57
01-25-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
without 1 acc I dont think that crtH will help alot especially in escort dogfights .If the difference in damage between accx3 and [acc][crtH]x2 is not big (I know for sure [CrtH]x3 works great in PvE where almost all npc's never move) imo accx3 is better ....but then again I dont have the accurate trait on my main toon so any DHC I get has to have 1 acc.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that my fleet mate and I tested an [acc]x3 and [crth]x3 turret.

He doesn't have the accuracy trait, I believe.

Against my 80% defense (after 500-1000 shots of a single turret, no buffs):
1) with accx3, he hit me 80% of the time with 150 dps.
2) with crthx3, he hit me 60% of the time with 160 dps.

If I was not moving, crthx3 would probably have out damaged accx3 by a greater margin.

The way I look at it, if you want more procs, go with accx3. If you want more critical hits (for the placate proc), go with crthx3. If you want the most damage as possible, go with crtdx3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the missing factor here is movement control. if i can snag someone between TTs and APOs, and i have crtH3 weapons, they take damage about how npcs do. your pretty on off at that point though, if your inate acc isnt very high you wont do much between hold opertunities. but, what maters is the swiftly gotten kill, not the total scoreboard number.

if you cant control movement, your going to get the most mileage out of lots of acc, up to a point. past about 90% your pretty golden imo. get above that and focus on crit
Also, earlier in this thread, I mentioned that DHCs do not need accuracy.

Against a fleet mate with 81.3% defense and my passive 25% accuracy, I was able to hit him 80% of the time with my Phaser DHCs MK XII [crtd]x3. This was with a single DHC and 500-1000 shots, no buffs.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,387
# 58
01-25-2013, 10:17 PM
Considering some of the diminishing returns on stacking have you also look at a weapon with [Acc] [CrtD] [CrtH]. Maybe one of each might provide a balanced overall effect.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:58 AM.