Career Officer
# 41
01-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharodon1975 View Post
I think the Federation has enough ships....it's time for the game to move in a new direction and focus more on an expanded KDF and a playable Romulan faction with new story missions,ships and costume options. Federation play has become dull and tedious, gaining all the unique features the KDF once had with little to nothing given in return to the KDF. If you Feds believe you are superior to the Klingons,why do you want our 'inferior' ships and equipment?
I think you're blurring reality and fiction. No one is claiming superiority. It's a video game. Nothing more, nothing less. Anyone who claims superiority needs a head-check. Starfleet / Federation assets sell better than KDF assets do, so naturally the developers are going to craft items they can sell for the most money.
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Captain
# 42
01-25-2013, 11:26 AM
i bet whenever they do release a "true" fed carrier itll have to have "full size" pets.

the klingons get bops and frigates and the jem get the attack ship...

the feds need a carrier that can launch defiants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Republic Veteran
# 43
01-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Oh god not this again....make it end.

But I really don't see how adding a carrier for the Feds is making it fair since the Klingons don't have stuff like the Feds do, the KDF would need a catch up first to be fair...both ship and content wise.

It's like a rich kid complaining the poor kid got an IPhone 5 and it would be fair for the rich kid to get the iPhone 6 to be even with him.
Captain
# 44
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpedcore View Post
Starfleet / Federation assets sell better than KDF assets do, so naturally the developers are going to craft items they can sell for the most money.
BECAUSE KDF IS UNDERDEVELOPED.

What I'd like to see is how much money has been spent by KDF players compared to the relative cost of KDF content over time. I'd bet it'd be surprising.

You have to spend money to make money.
Commander
# 45
01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Go ask the Caitians to make a new one for the Federation. Then maybe they will be loved again and come back with more hair styles and maybe a unique outfit.
Career Officer
# 46
01-25-2013, 01:19 PM
Yeah, with all the carriers now in the game, Cryptic's argument for only the KDF having one is a poor argument. They just need to make one.
Rihannsu
# 47
01-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Que?

What's this about no Fed carriers?

Feds STILL don't get BoPs and aside from the Chel have no battle cruisers. The idea that the KDF is somehow hurt by Feds getting another Carrier is silly. Feds've had the Atrox for quite a while.... it's an ordinary Z-Store ship. The big difference is that the Vo'Quv is easy to get. You can get one with a rankup token.

Aside from that, Feds and KDF are pretty even in the carrier department... but not the same.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 48
01-25-2013, 02:11 PM
I mourn the KDF faction, but at this point, whatever, may as well give the Feds a fed-looking carrier. They already have a bunch of options, anyway.

It'd be nice for the KDF to get some science ships, ideally not weak versions like the Gorn ships.
Commander
# 49
01-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Got to admit that the Gorn Ships look pretty awesome though. But yeah, KDF needs more sciencey ships.
Captain
# 50
01-25-2013, 02:18 PM
I wouldn't be so grumpy about Gorn ships if they didn't cost money AND have weaker shields than Fed equivalents.

Grump.

(kicks a rock)

(They are, however, some of my favorite ship designs in the game)