Captain
# 21
01-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Wouldn't it be canon due to the fact that one of the idea functions of the Nebula was to be a saucer recovery vessel?
Career Officer
# 22
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
Wouldn't it be canon due to the fact that one of the idea functions of the Nebula was to be a saucer recovery vessel?
??? Where did you get that idea from?
Career Officer
# 23
01-25-2013, 06:14 PM
That seems fun and cool. Might breathe some new life into the old girl after she was so badly outclassed by the Vesta.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
They need to stop the exodus, fast. Here's 2 ways:
* Cut Upgrade Dilithium cost in half;
* Undo any and all XP nerfs.
And, as a general rule of thumb, don't keep treating your customers like your enemy, that you feel you have to stifle/nerf at every corner.
Captain
# 24
01-25-2013, 06:44 PM
I dunno, I love the Nebula, but I'm just not feeling it. I understand some of the back story of the Nebula, but I can't imagine a Nebula stardrive section being that potent in combat. The Galaxy at least has a much larger stardive section for weapons and hull purposes, the Nebula has to have at least a thrid less hull in its stardrive.

Last edited by whamhammer1; 01-27-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Career Officer
# 25
01-25-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekritagent View Post
That seems fun and cool. Might breathe some new life into the old girl after she was so badly outclassed by the Vesta.
Yes, I would elated if the Nebula, my favorite starship, had stats in class of the Vesta.
Republic Veteran
# 26
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aethon3050 View Post
This.

I'd still love to see them make another two ships of the Nebula line, and sell all three as a pack; all they'd have to change is the pod on the back, and allow the players to choose the pod visual they want, based on which versions they own.

Sci comes with the radome, as seen in TNG; already comes with the tachyon grid.

Tac comes with the torpedo pod like the one already in the game, and a forward-arc version of torpedo point defense or something like that.

Eng comes with another pair of warp nacelles, like the one model they made but never used (at least, I *think* they never used it). Give it saucer separation.

Combined, the consoles could give some sort of bonus. Also, saucer sep on the tactical version would be cool as hell, and entice people to buy at least two parts of the set, even if they already own the original.

I don't know...just thinking...which kinda explains that burning smell.
You know this sounds like a interesting idea...how would you see the boff setup...same as the current Nebula?
Career Officer
# 27
01-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
??? Where did you get that idea from?
I can't remember where I saw it but that does sound vaguely familiar. Sort of like the warp booster for the Vulcan shuttle in TMP.

Porthos is not amused.
Republic Veteran
# 28
02-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
No Point in Saucer sep, if you do not have enough pew pew. But I must admit, the Nebula on the screen looks lovely !
I'd say in some ways she has more damage potential than the Galaxy, you can have two Lt Tacs instead of one, has the kind of turn rate that you can use DBB or Single Cannons even if you aren't separated, and has Sensor Analysis.

Yes you do lose two weapon slots...which does hurt but you gain so much in return for those two slots.
Captain
# 29
02-03-2013, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigbarg View Post
That is indeed, shocking, but true. I came across an Okudagram a while back, and it did show a separation plane and a Battle Bridge. It was published in a version of the Star Trek Communicator, before that magazine went kaput.

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Captain
# 30
02-03-2013, 08:25 PM
The reason the Galaxy separates it saucer is because it has familes on board and in time of battle they need to go where it is safe.The stardrive setion is used in battles while the saucer goes some where it is safe a Stabase maybe.

It is for no stratigic reasons at all.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers