Captain
# 511
01-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Cryptic could add a fourth deck option in the ship interiors (free or unlocked) that becomes available when you are in a group or raid (once 20 people OP groups). And the Officer's Quarter deck (fourth deck) is just a plan hallway that each door goes to an individual of that group / party. (I.E. it's instanced to personal quarters of each player).

That way each player customize their personal quarters and have it saved to their STO account than putting the burden on one single player's account?
I'm not exactly following the reasoning behind that.

By "add[ing] a fourth deck", it seems you assuming we're using the current in-game Bridge/Crew/Engineering setup, when in fact the proposal does away with this in favour of canon deck/room layouts.

I also don't see why I should find my personal quarters aboard someone else's starship (same goes for other players).

Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I'm not an RPer, but I want them for immersion.
Guess that makes two of us

Quote:
I would have Quarters available by default, but customizing them unlockable via account wide zen purchase, or one very small dilithium purchase. Either way I would have them available all once. Unlocking them one by one is just........ eh.....
I'll go for the one-off Zen or Dilithium unlock as well.

The maximum number of crew quarters unlocked is determined by the number of commissioned BOffs a player has - I say maximum as it'd also be nice to have options to have up to two BOffs share a room (if, for instance, they are couples).

In terms of the overall release schedule, I'd probably put BOff quarters at the very last stage, since they serve a primarily decorative function.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
In the proposed boarding action arenas, the game randomly picks an interior from one of the members of the "home" team. Should personal quarters be accessible during this event?
Quote:
Absolutely.
Coolio. Having these personal quarters accessible during the arenas would allow for hiding places and rally points for both teams.

Let me gather my thoughts for a bit, and I'll add something to the document this weekend.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 512
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Quote:
I'm not exactly following the reasoning behind that.

By "add[ing] a fourth deck", it seems you assuming we're using the current in-game Bridge/Crew/Engineering setup, when in fact the proposal does away with this in favour of canon deck/room layouts.

I also don't see why I should find my personal quarters aboard someone else's starship (same goes for other players).
You clearly misunderstood my post.

The Fourth Deck is simply a tool that allows players working together on the same ship interior on a mission, event, or simply roleplaying to connect to their own ship interiors and access their own personal quarters. So the only data that's saved for personal quarters, is the host of that ship, which defaults to the crew deck.

There you go, everyone has their own customized interiors and can roleplay.

In short:

Host / Event Leader = Captain's Quarters on Crew Deck

Deck 4:

Teammate 2 = Door 1 (Takes players to Teammate 2's ship interior's captain's quarters)
Teammate 3 = Door 2 (Takes players to Teammate 3's ship interior's captain's quarters)

And so on and so forth.

Last edited by azurianstar; 01-24-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Captain
# 513
01-25-2013, 03:00 PM
So, azurian, if I understand correctly, it's like having VIP suites for visiting Starfleet officers?

If that's the case, yeah, I think that would be a great addition - I'll obviously need to go through each major ship class and find a suitable place to locate this VIP deck.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Career Officer
# 514
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
So, azurian, if I understand correctly, it's like having VIP suites for visiting Starfleet officers?

If that's the case, yeah, I think that would be a great addition - I'll obviously need to go through each major ship class and find a suitable place to locate this VIP deck.
Not really VIP Suites, even though roleplayers could make them such.

But all the Dev team has to do is just add another tab that takes you to a Fourth Deck, where each door on the floor links to another player's ship interior (right outside their quarters) and make like it's on the same ship.

Then players could customize their quarters and it the data is saved on your account, not one player having all the information on his/hers.
Captain
# 515
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Not really VIP Suites, even though roleplayers could make them such.

But all the Dev team has to do is just add another tab that takes you to a Fourth Deck, where each door on the floor links to another player's ship interior (right outside their quarters) and make like it's on the same ship.

Then players could customize their quarters and it the data is saved on your account, not one player having all the information on his/hers.
I think I understand now - for instance if I was to visit your ship, one of the "guest" quarters would be *magically* load my own captain's quarters and preferences.

Captain
# 516
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
I think I understand now - for instance if I was to visit your ship, one of the "guest" quarters would be *magically* load my own captain's quarters and preferences.
I like it. I don't know how it would work, or what limitations need to be put on it, but I like it.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 517
02-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Updated guide with addition of BOff and Guest Quarters:

Quote:
3.4.5 BOff Quarters

In addition to the Captain?s Quarters, access to additional BOff quarters would also be automatically unlocked depending on the number of active commissioned BOffs. Players would have the option to:

- Map individual quarters to any doorway on any deck in their ship interior

- Change the decor / furnishing of individual quarters

- Assign either one or two BOffs to each quarter (to simulate couples)

The primary use of this feature would be personal immersion or RP.

3.4.6 Guest Quarters

In the same vein as the BOff Quarters, there would be access to Guest quarters for players visiting other player?s ships:

- Player A invites Player B (possibly also C, D et al) to A?s ship interior

- The game load?s Player A?s ship interior with his/her customisation

- An additional corridor/deck to ?Quest quarters? would be added to the interior map (depending on the physical size and configuration of the ship class.

- Each ?Guest quarter? doorway would lead to Player B (possibly also C, D et al) own quarters aboard Player A?s ship.

- The ?Guest quarter? for visiting players would either directly use their own Captain?s Quarters from their own ship (i.e. put Player B?s Captain?s Quarters as a guest quarter in Player A?s ship interior), or be of a fixed layout that simply uses the visiting player?s own customisations.

Captain
# 518
02-01-2013, 02:02 PM
I still want my Vivid bridge with red carpeting.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers
Captain
# 519
02-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
I still want my Vivid bridge with red carpeting.
Isn't that in the C-store already, like, right now?

I'm sure with a potentially revamped interior, all the decor options in the C-store bridges would be available too.

Captain
# 520
02-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Isn't that in the C-store already, like, right now?

I'm sure with a potentially revamped interior, all the decor options in the C-store bridges would be available too.
No.It isn't and I paid 1000 EC for it.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers