Empire Veteran
Did they decrease the drop rate of strange alien artifact for KDF side? I used to get them once every 2 days but now it seems that the missions end up being success and I get useless common data samples

Is it just me or did someone else notice it too?
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-16-2012, 04:43 AM
No idea on KDF but as fed I have had 5 in the past 2 days which is way higher than normal.
Commander
# 3
10-16-2012, 05:17 AM
5 in 2 days?

I get the mission once every 2 months -.-
Empire Veteran
# 4
10-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
but now it seems that the missions end up being success and I get useless common data samples
Common samples? Sounds to me that you've been doing the wrong mission, you get the artifact on success, crit, failure or disaster. Are you absolutely sure you're doing 'Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities' and not some other one?
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-16-2012, 06:49 AM
It's not the wrong mission, strange alien artifact sometimes drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on...".
But the key word is sometimes. STO should be renamed to STL (star trek lottery).

"Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities" that gives the artefact for sure and is not based on luck appears every 3-4 days.

Last edited by joxertm2; 10-16-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Ensign
# 6
01-24-2013, 06:11 AM
Are you still having a problem with finding strange alien artifact drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on..."? I have a FED and notice the problem also.
Rihannsu
# 7
01-24-2013, 08:15 AM
It's LUCK, if the RNG hates you, and it usually does, you won't get any. Just keep trying eventually you'll either get one or not....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 8
01-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Nadorc, every 3 days, pretty sure its 100% drop.
Ensign
# 9
01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxertm2 View Post
It's not the wrong mission, strange alien artifact sometimes drops on crits within the assignments "Recover Artifacts from...", "Collect Artifacts from...", "Salvage Artifacts from...", "Study Ruins on...".
But the key word is sometimes. STO should be renamed to STL (star trek lottery).

"Negotiate additional delivery of rare commodities" that gives the artefact for sure and is not based on luck appears every 3-4 days.
"Negotiate" has a chance to fail if you use low quality doffs. The various "artifact" missions used to drop one on a crit but I haven't gotten one in quite some time now.
Rihannsu
# 10
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xentilla View Post
"Negotiate" has a chance to fail if you use low quality doffs. The various "artifact" missions used to drop one on a crit but I haven't gotten one in quite some time now.
They still do. I got one earlier this week.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.