Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Starfleet Veteran
# 11
01-25-2013, 07:13 PM
Ah, so this is what people are using to kill NPC's on ESD? Some are also using it to kill players by getting others caught in the crossfire.

Nice to know what is actually going on when I see it.
Career Officer
# 12
01-25-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thargorichi View Post
Ah, so this is what people are using to kill NPC's on ESD? Some are also using it to kill players by getting others caught in the crossfire.

Nice to know what is actually going on when I see it.
I noticed that too. Saw a player use an AOE buff that affected the security NPCs on ESD near the tailor then the player took off running. The security NPCs then attacked and killed 4 players standing in front of the tailor. I targeted the security officer to see what buff it was and it said Triage III.

Later another player use an ability that was like a tricorder scan and I noticed I had a weird buff on me. The buff on myself said Research Lab Scientist. That player kept using buffs on the NPCs until they attacked other players then left after a few minutes. Another player there then started doing the same thing and I got killed just standing there. Strangely, both players I saw had white M.A.C.O armor with the helmet.

I use the "Report to GM" on both players I saw doing this. Doubt it will have any effect though.
Self Portrait
Republic Veteran
# 13
01-26-2013, 01:28 AM
I think it might be silly to report people for this... but even if it is technically against the rules to exploit bugs or glitches this seems so harmless except for a minor annoyance that I think perhaps Cryptic might considering using this for April Fools in specific zones or something.

Last edited by admiralthorr360; 01-26-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 14
01-26-2013, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralthorr360 View Post
I think it might be silly to report people for this... but even if it is technically against the rules to exploit bugs or glitches this seems so harmless except for a minor annoyance that I think perhaps Cryptic might considering using this for April Fools in specific zones or something.
Do you remember about 2 weeks ago the red text NOTICE at the top of every page on the forums? It was about the KDF going to ESD and Feds going to Qo'nos. They were killing NPCs and pulling them out of the designated locations (Admiral Quinn on ESD all the way inside Club 47 as an example). The notice on the forums said to report players for this behavior and they were going to fix it soon. YOU may think this doesn't harm anyone but it is very annoying.

I don't find what players are doing as "funny". Not in the least bit.
Self Portrait
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
01-27-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralthorr360 View Post

When they do it to grief players who are just using vendors or trying to use the bank I think it's worth reporting. Just my two cents.
Career Officer
# 16
01-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Well, consider that Q is around. He's known for causing all kinds of trouble for players. It could be a joke on his part.

As for reporting players, if they constantly spam it on sec officers, that's when I'd report them. I've also seen cases where the player drops it onto an engineer friend, and the engineer drops a transphasic bomb in a crowded area, and detonates it, or drops an orbital strike.

On a side note though, Q can be reduced to zero health through this bug, but not killed. Though I do admit, its really annoying when in a Ground STF and trying to heal players with Tucoura On-Duty.