Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 21
01-26-2013, 08:12 AM
SILENCE! I KILL YOU!

or better...I killed YOU haha...

btw remove your fugly ship from your signature....
it's not hurting my butt...but my eyes
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
01-26-2013, 08:21 AM
I know it's the person...but sure when you're vaporized by something broken and not the greater skill of your opponent in a PvP fight...well...you get angry!
Fugly ship? My phenomenal Chimera rocks...ask around...
And buy vaseline next time you're pugging...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Ensign
# 23
01-26-2013, 08:28 AM
ok ok...i admit it...i got an awesome chimera too

*turns trolling mode off*

anyways virusdancer is right....
i don't get it why there is always the PvP vs PvE fight.
there are really good PvE players out there....who for example have beaten NoWin scenario several times...

the problem is...cryptic mostly fixes or changes stuff when there is something not working correctly in pve.

the list of abilities which are working nicely in PvE but are horrible for PvP is long.
Career Officer
# 24
01-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricmaxwell View Post
that one made me laugh ...since the first QQ is ALWAYS coming from organized pvp when there is something new or "OP"...people crying over and over about broken or unbalanced skills....
calling it cheese...
but using the so called cheese as well^^
Aside from a few morons and questionable fleets, most don't use "cheese."

And generally we complain, because we actually enjoy a playing field that isn't marred by annoying trash.

Naturally, PvEers don't care about these things, because the NPCs don't care whether or not you're using consoles against them.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
01-26-2013, 08:39 AM
The real problem of the PvP is balance because only balance can bring out the talent of the PvP players. It's really simple...and obviously an ability or a console awesome for the PvE many times ruins the PvP balance.
Unfortunately it's not possible to fulfill all the needs...

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Career Officer
# 26
01-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricmaxwell View Post
i don't get it why there is always the PvP vs PvE fight.
No one here goes out of their way to hunt after PvEers.

That guy who I responded to initially has had his arse on fire ever since the topic of nerfs to Tric mines came about.

He was the one who decided to trash PvPers, so I responded in kind. And it isn't the first time he's done it either.

Look at his stupid sig for evidence that he's not well. He honestly believes that balance passes that have no relevance in PvE, because the content is so trivial, are ruining it.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 27
01-26-2013, 08:48 AM
It is and will always be for the dedicated. Trends and tactics change all the time so it's not something you can do casually as you need to keep up. You might be able to enter and win first time, in which case good for you, but most players new to PvP (especially space, but ground too) will have their rear ends handed to them on a plate on a regular basis (this includes me) until they get used the enemy actually being an intelligent being, using and countering powers and outmanoeuvering them, etc. Just look at the mass of complaints that Hive Space needs a nerf because the queen does exactly that. PvE using powers? Surely not... NERF!!!

Last edited by redsoniavrel; 01-26-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Commander
# 28
01-26-2013, 09:32 AM
I stumbled into PvP a few months after I started STO, after boredom set in. It was far from perfect but I don't see how I could have gotten into and stuck with PvP in it's current state. In fact, I find it easier and easier to go weeks at a time without even queuing up at this point.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
01-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Eh...from F2P to P2W...they are a real pain in the ass for a balanced PvP game! To tell the truth...PvE has won and the PvP is mortified...
But it's still funny fighting against the evul Klinguns...ahem...real humans...

Empire Veteran
# 30
01-26-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidstorm View Post
So my comp broke down, how bad is the new romulan cloak power?
It's not too bad. It boosts all sci skills by 100 for 8 seconds, and for the last 5 seconds it also cloaks you. You can still fire weapons and such freely during that point.