Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
Dear Coaches:

I just want to express formally my gratitude to you for making Boot Camp such a helpful experience for people. I am proud and honored to serve at your side in this venture. Good job!

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 2
01-26-2013, 09:24 PM
Indeed god job to all partcipants, both student and coach. Now i want my comforter and a soft pillow!

ZzzzZzzz...
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 3
01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
Ill take all the good credit and blame Zorena for everything else
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 4
01-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Yes, thank you for your support, dedication, and time, coaches! I've heard so many complements from players in-game and through our social media channels about how much fun they are having, and how much they are learning.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Commander
# 5
01-27-2013, 12:00 AM
As one of the coaches, I would also like to thanks the students themselves for showing up with a desire to learn, a great attitude, and an open mind.

I have had such a blast doing this, and many of my students have taken the time to message or mail me in game and thank me directly. I have also been really pleased to find some of the students show up on PuG teams with me in the Arena and do a great job applying the learning from boot camp.

As I stated today to one of the students as they were thanking us:

One of the best rewards of being a boot camp coach is the students themselves showing up in the Arenas and fighting beside me and doing a great job at it!

Thanks also to Brandon and all the others on the Cryptic team for really throwing their support behind this. I wouldn't trade the experience I am having in boot camp for the world!
Career Officer
# 6
01-27-2013, 05:03 AM
S'all good. You'll be recieving my bill in the next 3-5 working days
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Thanks all the Students for listening in and Goshia to keep it going abit more smoothly.

I was nervous like hell talking to people on ts, quite wierd sense I've been playing this for 3years and done this all nights... I Hope I said something that someone found new and maybe improves someone's gameplay.
Noone.
Captain
# 8
01-27-2013, 07:15 AM
This is swell guys. Seriously. Well done. It's great to be part of this initiative, in whatever form that may take.
Career Officer
# 9
01-27-2013, 07:25 AM
As a student and as a person who has never played an MMO before in my life until I happened upon Star Trek Online the Boot camp and all involved in creating it has/have been nothing less than brilliant! I have learned so much and continue to do so with each space boot camp event.

Thanks so much for taking the time and trouble out of your personal schedules to host these events. Its much appreciated and time well spent. Hopefully Cryptic will recognize your efforts and reward you with some ultra rare ships in the future by which to continue kicking our behinds with!
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Empire Veteran
# 10
01-27-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm an "experienced" PvPer that has always been mediocre at best. The last two sessions have given me some insights and extra knowledge that have already improved my builds a couple of notches.

Thanks to my coaches.