Commander
# 11
01-26-2013, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Umm.....Were you using Tac Team? I don't see it mentioned anywhere....

If you weren't, it's a pretty big reason why he managed to blow through so much.
I am guessing he is NOT cycling Tac Team x2 or he wouldn't have Eng Team in his build.

To the OP:

Go to http://hilbertguide.com

Setup the "spacebar keybind"

TWO Copies of Tac Team 1 and TWO copies of EPTShields 1 triggered by the keybind will MASSIVELY increase your survivability in both PvP and PvE.
Captain
# 12
01-27-2013, 12:20 AM
While I can (obviously) recommend carrying dual TT/EPtS, I would caution against binding TT to spacebar. TT does have a gap that isn't covered by cooldowns, and those five seconds are more than enough for someone paying attention to blow a hole through one end and come out the other. You're much better served using TT, well, you know, "tactically".

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 13
01-27-2013, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Crtis... most likely he is NOT running ACCx3... or even 2...

He was likely using Crthx3... or ACC CRTHx2
If he was min maxing for the current meta.

So the current meta involves missing? Is this something you set up? Please explain. And how you min/max for it. What would I min? What would I max?
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.
Career Officer
# 14
01-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admgreer View Post
I accepted a random 1vs1 match.
This is what went wrong. Anytime a random person challenges you to a 1on1, they're invariably testing out some uber build.

Next time, just click [Decline].
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-27-2013, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
While I can (obviously) recommend carrying dual TT/EPtS, I would caution against binding TT to spacebar. TT does have a gap that isn't covered by cooldowns, and those five seconds are more than enough for someone paying attention to blow a hole through one end and come out the other. You're much better served using TT, well, you know, "tactically".
^This

In general the EptX rotation is the only set of buffs I'd recommend putting on a spacebar keybind. Setting up an overly automated rotation makes you easier to read in 1v1, limits cross healing potential in team play, and can interfere with offensive timing depending on what you throw on spacebar. Not to say that the big spacebar keybind can't be helpful when starting out as it can let you focus more on piloting and your target, but it shouldn't really be part of a final setup. For TT its best to give it a dedicated key that is easily accessible so that you aren't using it before necessary, but have immediate access when you need it.
# 16
01-27-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thissler View Post
So the current meta involves missing? Is this something you set up? Please explain. And how you min/max for it. What would I min? What would I max?
it involves a lot more holds then i heard mentioned in the OP
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 17
01-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Well I did some retooling and went with a acc x2 Crth loadout and some crit mod consoles (Borg, temporal) and took my bug to Kerrat and started doing the same as he was to me. I would hit TT2, attack patter alpha, go down fighting and attack pattern delta, or beta or omega (withever was not on cooldown) and I was ripping through shields and hull pretty good. I also tried the 2 new Jem consoles and havent decided what I like better. As far as my spec's go I have nothing in the red (no more that 6 levels in anything) so I am able to have 6 levels in the commander level Wepons Spec and Armor ect, Aux power. Its is a very balanced spec in Tac and Eng, I have flow cap at 6 levels and shield skills at 6, but left most of the higher Sci skills low. I dont use gravity well or tractor beams or drain abilities. I have 6 levels in attack patters and Manuevers, and all hull and shield, power skills at 6. I have been wordering if going into the red on the lower Wep skills is worth it. Or going into the red on hull and shield or warp core. I noticed the diminishing returns when going into the red. I figured the points would be better spent on the commander level skills. Feedback?
Captain
# 18
01-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsnake721 View Post
I have 6 levels in attack patters and Manuevers, and all hull and shield, power skills at 6. I have been wordering if going into the red on the lower Wep skills is worth it. Or going into the red on hull and shield or warp core. I noticed the diminishing returns when going into the red. I figured the points would be better spent on the commander level skills. Feedback?
It's really a personal choice. Here's the way that I look at it; someone with a maxed skill will have a higher value than someone who does not. It may not be much, but it's still higher. All equipment being equal and such.

But, it's up to you to decide if it's worth it to max it or spread it out. My Tactical Fed is less a Jack-of-All-Trades and more focused on damage and shields. Less so on hull resistance and abilities boosts.

Here's a site that will help you determine what skill points will give you on your investments:
http://home.comcast.net/~amicus/Skil...%20Effects.htm