Captain
..."Bound to Character" is.

I've liked a lot of the things from the lobi store and lockboxes, and even bought quite a few of them, but every time I do it feels incredibly anti-climatic. The entire point of character bound costumes and ships is so you have to buy them for multiple characters.

Hilariously though, all it's done is made people less likely to make new characters, or not buy the items at all. I'd bet a very large sum of money that players would buy a lot more Lobi Store, and Lockbox items if they were account wide.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
Career Officer
# 3
01-27-2013, 04:10 PM
I would agree with you. Items such as Lobi Crystals and those Dilithium Claims should be Bound to Account. Trade-able between characters.
Career Officer
# 4
01-27-2013, 04:21 PM
I agree. They should be made account-wide.

Will never happen.

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2013, 04:38 PM
It's a lot more than just lock boxes that are ruining the fun factor of this game (for me), but I do agree more of these items need to be Account Bound and not Character Bound.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Republic Veteran
# 6
01-27-2013, 04:47 PM
If it means I can't buy it off the Exchange, then I rather have them character bound only, since I doubt Cryptic if they ever did make them account wide, would no longer make them purchasable on the exchange.

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Captain
# 7
01-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
If it means I can't buy it off the Exchange, then I rather have them character bound only, since I doubt Cryptic if they ever did make them account wide, would no longer make them purchasable on the exchange.
That would be even stupider. A lot of players buy those with real money simply to make ECs. I have done it myself. Making them account wide, and allowing them to be tradeable would make everyone happy. The only things that shouldn't be tradeable or account wide are the weapons.

(Though, if Cryptic wanted to be truly fiendish, the Lobi purchase could allow access to the weapons and whatnot in the account wide Dilithium Store. )
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 8
01-27-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
..."Bound to Character" is.

I've liked a lot of the things from the lobi store and lockboxes, and even bought quite a few of them, but every time I do it feels incredibly anti-climatic. The entire point of character bound costumes and ships is so you have to buy them for multiple characters.

Hilariously though, all it's done is made people less likely to make new characters, or not buy the items at all. I'd bet a very large sum of money that players would buy a lot more Lobi Store, and Lockbox items if they were account wide.
I agree. I suspect Cryptic won't change this anytime soon (if ever) though.
Captain
# 9
01-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
I'd bet a very large sum of money that players would buy a lot more Lobi Store, and Lockbox items if they were account wide.
Were that the case, Cryptic/PWE would have likely changed it long ago. They're out to make money. Obviously what they're doing appears to be working for them...there are enough people that want certain things on multiple characters and they're buying the BtC items.
Commander
# 10
01-27-2013, 06:21 PM
the whole account bound thing is pretty much a total fail in my opinion. the only time i was excited about it was when they were going to make hard to obtain stuff like stf currencies and expensive ship equipment account bound. but they didn't do it, and now i only use the account bank exactly like i used to use the mail... to transfer contraband and data chips.

they make all these small moves to further restrict trade and hopefully increase profits, but they just don't understand that making just about everything that is character bound, account bound, would bring in far more money than restricting everything. it would encourage people to play more characters and buy more items. plus the gesture alone would go a long way to restoring at least some of the respect that they lost since the whole lockbox thing started. and people would return the gesture by spending more money.

unhappy people with no hope for the future and a heavily restricted market don't make for a good economy, a free market with an optimistic future does...
Fleet: Stargate-Union
Pizza: Pepperoni
Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu