Career Officer
# 11
01-27-2013, 05:23 PM
totally agree with this, if i new i could buy things not worry about it having it bound, id defenetly buy more.. but the fact that it does it has limit what ive spent things on, and even on that note, I have about 7 max toons, and due to how the system is currently ive only worked on 3.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-27-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
..."Bound to Character" is.

I've liked a lot of the things from the lobi store and lockboxes, and even bought quite a few of them, but every time I do it feels incredibly anti-climatic. The entire point of character bound costumes and ships is so you have to buy them for multiple characters.

Hilariously though, all it's done is made people less likely to make new characters, or not buy the items at all. I'd bet a very large sum of money that players would buy a lot more Lobi Store, and Lockbox items if they were account wide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Were that the case, Cryptic/PWE would have likely changed it long ago. They're out to make money. Obviously what they're doing appears to be working for them...there are enough people that want certain things on multiple characters and they're buying the BtC items.
I am sure its working well as it is and thats why they drag there feet about it. In fact I would say it works to well.I hear of it often enough people spending more than I could ever hope to spending for there "Mains". I can only see that spending going up with BtA not everything has to either just certain things here and there.Hell I am no penny pincher when it comes to this game but would certainly want to spend on items I knew I could use on more than one toon. Some of them have a certain image to keep ya know.
Commander
# 13
01-27-2013, 05:42 PM
i suppose now that you explain it, bound to character is a worse thing than i thought it was.

But then again its not something i worry about a lot.

There's a lot more things that kill this game than bound to character.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-27-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1234567 View Post
sure, there's other things that would make a bigger difference, like fixing interiors, creating story content, improving pvp, and the foundry, but those things are large efforts that are hard to make money off of (yeah right... they just dont understand that it would bring in many more players). but this is simple. probably just changing a word in a database column. so a couple minutes for each item... maybe a days work for a single person to do every item in game. and they would practically be celebrated as hero's for finally giving us something significant that we want.
Fleet: Stargate-Union
Pizza: Pepperoni
Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
Career Officer
# 15
01-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
(Though, if Cryptic wanted to be truly fiendish, the Lobi purchase could allow access to the weapons and whatnot in the account wide Dilithium Store. )
Don't give them any ideas!!!

Porthos is not amused.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-27-2013, 06:11 PM
ok, when i said every item in game, i meant every item that is character bound. wouldn't that be just perfect if they actually did it, but made every single item account bound and removed the exchange... then all i'd ask for is a suicide emote, before having my memory of the last 3 years erased...
Fleet: Stargate-Union
Pizza: Pepperoni
Kalek shel'tek!

"Do not make me look foolish by allowing yourself to be murdered" -Lord Yu
Captain
# 17
01-27-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Were that the case, Cryptic/PWE would have likely changed it long ago. They're out to make money. Obviously what they're doing appears to be working for them...there are enough people that want certain things on multiple characters and they're buying the BtC items.
Sure it's working, but is it working as well as it could be? People are complaining about it more than they support it. I've opened boxes, and I've bought stuff out of the Lobi Store, but I haven't bought nearly as much as I could have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1234567 View Post
Absolutely. But this is also what keeps the game alive. Cryptic needs a constant flow of money into the game, and I don't believe that Cryptic is making as much money as they could be.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Commander
# 18
01-27-2013, 07:46 PM
I know I would open a lot more boxes if I could, at the very least, move lobi around. I have a klink toon that could go for a mirror ship, but the lobi would be entirely wasted on that character, since there isn't anything good at the lobi store with a low amount of lobi. Changing of some of the other "Bound to Character on Pickup" things would be fantastic. Those bloody Ferengi mining buggers should not be Bound to character, at least not the container. Heck, that shouldn't be bound at all - that would be great on the Exchange.
Captain
# 19
01-27-2013, 07:53 PM
If I had my way, all mission rewards would be bound to account. Doing Operation Gamma again and again and again for a deflector dish... I'd rather have it passed to a new toon from an old toon.

Reward packs being bound to character is okay for me. They're vanity items and there's no need to make them sellable.

Lobi on the other hand... If the prices weren't so crazy high, I'd be okay with the current state of affairs.
# 20
01-27-2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
People are complaining about it more than they support it.
Based on what though?

Forum posts? Forum posters tend to make up a small amount of any MMO.
Zone chat in ESD, Qo'noS, etc? Again, that's not really representative.

We're not going to know the actual numbers - but they've already said they did well during S6, which laid the groundwork for them to be able to do S7 and look beyond. They'll see how things go during S7...and take it from there.

I'm one of those people that despised the concept. Unfortunately, I'm also one of those people that eventually said WTH...and went ahead anyway. Perhaps if more folks stuck to their guns on the matter, so to speak, then their (Cryptic/PWE) numbers would reflect something different.

Heck, we see people complaining about all sorts of things like the older ships, retrain tokens, etc, etc, etc...hasn't changed anything. Obviously enough people are still buying all the various things to keep all the various prices where they are...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfamily View Post
I know I would open a lot more boxes if I could, at the very least, move lobi around. I have a klink toon that could go for a mirror ship, but the lobi would be entirely wasted on that character, since there isn't anything good at the lobi store with a low amount of lobi. Changing of some of the other "Bound to Character on Pickup" things would be fantastic. Those bloody Ferengi mining buggers should not be Bound to character, at least not the container. Heck, that shouldn't be bound at all - that would be great on the Exchange.
In regard to the Mirror ship for the KDF toon, you don't have to open the boxes on that toon. You can trade the Mirror ship (or even just buy it off the Exchange).

The mining buggers - I...yeah...I hate that, personally. I can see why they wouldn't want folks selling them on the Exchange, but it gets a little harder to see why they're not BtA rather than BtC. You're still looking at the refinement caps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twg042370 View Post
/snip

Lobi on the other hand... If the prices weren't so crazy high, I'd be okay with the current state of affairs.
Thing is, it's not a direct cost. It's not 125 Zen for 5-6 Lobi on average. So you're not looking at over 16k Zen for a Recluse, Jem Dread, etc, etc. There's everything else that you get along the way. Say you were looking to get some vanity item from the Lobi store and figured you were looking at 20 boxes - depending on how the planet's are aligned - you could walk away with a fortune (or you could end up with mining buggers - meh).
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin

Last edited by virusdancer; 01-27-2013 at 08:20 PM.