Ensign
# 21
01-27-2013, 08:27 PM
the mining claims would be great if you could trade or sell, as long as they are still in the packages that come in after you open the lockbox. but all things should be trade-able, and would it be nice to have an exchange for lobi-dilithium or something like that. it could give others an avenue to get lobi without having to payout a ton of cash
Captain
# 22
01-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Based on what though?
That this is a Free to Play game. Sure the forums are a very small population, but forumites tend to be the ones that stick around longer. Career Officer, Starfleet Veteran, Klingon Veteran, these titles are all over the forums. They also spent money to get them. Forum posters may only be 5% of the population, but I'm fairly sure that we're responsible for at least 40% of the profits. That's not exactly something to ignore.

The forumites and zone chatters may not be the biggest part of the population, but they are a very large chunk of it, but they're also the ones that spend the most money, and care about the game the most.

Don't invalidate that.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 23
01-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
That this is a Free to Play game. Sure the forums are a very small population, but forumites tend to be the ones that stick around longer. Career Officer, Starfleet Veteran, Klingon Veteran, these titles are all over the forums. They also spent money to get them. Forum posters may only be 5% of the population, but I'm fairly sure that we're responsible for at least 40% of the profits. That's not exactly something to ignore.

The forumites and zone chatters may not be the biggest part of the population, but they are a very large chunk of it, but they're also the ones that spend the most money, and care about the game the most.

Don't invalidate that.
How can I invalidate something you cannot validate? Because again, everything you said here...based on what?

What percentage of LTS post? What percentage of Gold post? What percentage of the various collectors out there post? How many people that browse the forums for information post? How many of those that do post...complain?

Again, how can I invalidate something you cannot validate? It's all speculation.

Cryptic/PWE are going to take a look at what's going on with the books - the money coming in. They're going to look at the feedback they get on the forums. They'll see the good. They'll see the bad. Then they'll look at the books again. If something warrants attention, they will give it their attention.

Forum demands from a small percentage of those posting who represents a small percentage of those playing...well, it is what it is. Get more folks that do post to agree with something. Get more folks that do not post to post and to agree with something. Get people to vote with their wallets. Take that small percentage of a small percentage...and get Cryptic/PWE to notice. It worked for the Ambassador folks...may eventually work for the KDF...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 24
01-27-2013, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Cryptic/PWE are going to take a look at what's going on with the books - the money coming in. They're going to look at the feedback they get on the forums. They'll see the good. They'll see the bad. Then they'll look at the books again. If something warrants attention, they will give it their attention.
If you can prove that's what the number say, then I will concede. Until then, I will continue to state that the numbers are not as high as they would be.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 25
01-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
That would be even stupider. A lot of players buy those with real money simply to make ECs. I have done it myself. Making them account wide, and allowing them to be tradeable would make everyone happy. The only things that shouldn't be tradeable or account wide are the weapons.

(Though, if Cryptic wanted to be truly fiendish, the Lobi purchase could allow access to the weapons and whatnot in the account wide Dilithium Store. )

Many MMOs have per character unlocks, and Cryptic is one the few companies that has a lot of account wide unlocks, and players on this game now expect everything to be account wide, even though we still have account wide unlocks for Federation starships.

Cryptic is not going to change their game plan till people stop buying stuff, until then it will be as it always will be, till players stop buying. All five lockboxes there is a thread asking account wide unlocks for lockbox ships, and even though the forums are full of complaints on them ESD and other places have them floating around, so people are buying them regardless of what people think, or say on the forums.

You can say that they would make more money from account wide, because you and a few players on the forums say they would buy more, but apparently that has never been the case because someone is buying them enough that Cryptic feels no need to change them regardless what people on the forums say.The Data Cryptic receives is what they will use to determine the course of lockbox ships, not what players say but their actions.

Actions speak louder than words, and in this case the players actions is to buy, so the forums can scream yell throw fits, but till players stop buying nothing will change.

Last edited by neoakiraii; 01-28-2013 at 02:18 AM.
Captain
# 26
01-28-2013, 05:03 AM
Quote:
If you can prove that's what the number say, then I will concede. Until then, I will continue to state that the numbers are not as high as they would be.
It's not about trying to get you to concede in the least - like I said, neither of us knows the actual numbers (what they are or what they could be). It's a case of suggesting that it's best not to assume and insult Cryptic in the interim. Go through, gather the support, and get folks to show Cryptic that...instead of saying that obviously the numbers are there but Cryptic is too stupid or too lazy to make changes that would make them more money. Cause that's how it comes off by saying the numbers are obviously there but Cryptic's done nothing...
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Career Officer
# 27
01-28-2013, 05:42 AM
its not a battle.

If we provide helpful and constructive feedback, the devs may use it.

I feel that a better way to help with the acc bound issue.

Purples and higer = char bound

blues = acc bound

greens and commons = tradable

I would also spend more money on lobi's if they were acc bound and the clothing unlocks were acc bound.

I would love if the would revamp the currancy to the following...

EC
merge lobi into GPL
dil

the only difficulty i can see would be the dabo. perhaps exchanging EC for dil as a currency converter?

----------------------------------------
----Lt Cmdr @Thorley - Jupiter Force----
----------------------------------------
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-28-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Actions speak louder than words, and in this case the players actions is to buy, so the forums can scream yell throw fits, but till players stop buying nothing will change.
Sometimes that is true, however many, many times the voices on Forums have swayed decisions being made by Devs whether it be prior to or post a bad decision/mistake/nerf/patch/whatever. You can easily take S7 as a prime example, when the Devs decided to implement the drop rate changes and remove DIL from STF despite being told repeatedly it would cripple the game and piss off the player base something fierce. They were forced to backtrack slightly and return DIL and drops to STF encounters, because people complained and righteously so.

Another MMO game i played for many years recently had its own version of this awhile afterit went F2P and beefed up their own Cash Shop. The Devs decided it would be a good idea to sell 'Keys' to 'boxes'(hmmm?) in the game, both of which already dropped at random rates in a certain zone for PvP only. Thus, they are really hard to get a hold of and you need to be dedicated to obtain either as it will take a bit of time. Mind you, these 'boxes' don't even contain GEAR, simply 'relics' that you can exchange for points to save and buy the gear eventually. The uproar that arose on that games forums was utterly astounding when the Devs announced they'd planned on adding the 'keys' to these 'boxes' to their Cash Shop, and they eventually backed down and cancelled that part of the patch completely. Players were concerned it would start a 'Pay-to-Win' approach to the game and ruin it.

Sound familiar? And that's a game that doesn't ask ANY sub fees from players, period.
____

The o3 - Killed you good
Captain
# 29
01-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
It's not about trying to get you to concede in the least - like I said, neither of us knows the actual numbers (what they are or what they could be). It's a case of suggesting that it's best not to assume and insult Cryptic in the interim. Go through, gather the support, and get folks to show Cryptic that...instead of saying that obviously the numbers are there but Cryptic is too stupid or too lazy to make changes that would make them more money. Cause that's how it comes off by saying the numbers are obviously there but Cryptic's done nothing...
But Cryptic has never put anything that's account bound into the Lobi Store. So how would they have those "numbers" to run up against anyway? Is Geko Psychic or something?

Captain
# 30
01-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorley1983 View Post
Purples and higer = char bound

blues = acc bound

greens and commons = tradable

I would also spend more money on lobi's if they were acc bound and the clothing unlocks were acc bound.

I would love if the would revamp the currancy to the following...

EC
merge lobi into GPL
dil
I like these ideas and would vote for you were there an election.