Lieutenant
# 1 Earning energy credits quickly
01-28-2013, 01:30 AM
Ok, so my EC total has dropped from 100m to about 25 million and I really need to re-earn some, and quickly. Trouble is that my old amount took ages to earn and I don't have any ideas on fart earning for ECs (ways that don't involved spendning money on c-store items to sell).

Discarding farmed gear from missions and the foundry only makes me about 500k a day, some of which gets spent. Ideally I'd like to be making 2-3 mil a day, or more.

Any tips?
Captain
# 2
01-28-2013, 01:58 AM
There's a couple missions for gear farming in the Foundry. Mostly junk and you only can really do one per character per day before they stop dropping stuff, but even as junk it adds up and I usually get over 300k and one or two items worth actually putting on the Exchange (plus 50 fleet marks and 960 dil for the Officer Reports mission) for like 20 minutes work. Do on multiple characters it adds up.

There's also Officer Exchange missions in Cardassian space. Buy cheap white doffs with the right traits (science department is the cheapest) then send them on Exchange Program assignments. With even 1 positive trait you have about a 50% chance of trading that white officer that cost you 5 grand into a blue or purple doff. Even if it fails you still upgrade to a green doff that you can sell, try again with, or feed into the grinder for 3 whites.

Not as flashy as some of the 10-million-a-day braggarts, but 1 or 2 million from little stuff here and there, it all adds up.
Captain
# 3
01-28-2013, 02:39 AM
Tour of the Universe. Each run will give you 350k EC. Depending on how fast you are, you can do 3 runs in the hour. My Tactical Odyssey with Full Borg Set, and buffed with Diplomatic Immunity AND Raiding party, I can get 4 runs in the hour. That equals to 1,400,000 EC in an hour. Pretty good source of income in my book!

Or do a Foundry mission named "Qwark the Farmer." There is a Feddy version, and a KFD version, so pay attention to the name. In either case, the mission only takes 10-15 minutes or so, but if you play on Elite difficulty, the sheer amount of loot you pick up can be vendor trashed for anywhere between 400k and 500k! For only 10-15 minutes of work, that is quite significant income! I should note that this works best when you empty your inventory before running the mission, or else you may end up having to use the replicator to recycle some things along the way.

Good luck!

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Commander
# 4
01-28-2013, 02:41 AM
nukara prime elite boxes 2 everyday sell for 200 280k ec foundary farming mission starbase 24 gorn minefield destroy the most ships earn purple gear sell on exchange breaking the planet temple fleet action kill most earn purple duty officer colonizeing missions reward purple duty officers normally rare very rare otha ground war nobody really there so your kinda garenteed purple gear also kerrat space war do collect drops from cubes and spheres and pay attention to them you can pick up 28%consoles from spheres and cubes only rare stuff worth a good 3 4 5 million depending on what type it is.
and last wait for next lockbox save 100k or so dilithium camp exchange sell lockboxes all day after realease walk around stretch ya legs continue camping dont spam exchange with loads at once 10 most if they dont sell after 30 secs check exchange and sell if someone undercut you remove and undercut there boxes by 1 ec *evil grin* walk away with 90 80k each box 20 boxes 200 dilithium each 4000 dilithium 1800000 ec (x by that and 100k dilithium) more depending how quick you get on after patch but figure out how much you can make dont buy the boxes first have at most 40 in inventory depending on how things are going many sellers too few buyers you end up with 50k boxes the same day also types of boxes dont just think new box more cash some are more wanted then others people choose one thing over another thing

Last edited by loverofwars; 01-28-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
01-28-2013, 03:02 AM
you could do Negotiate Additional Delivery of Rare Commodities every 3 days to get Strange Alien artifacts which sell for about 700k+ ec....but its far more rewarding to power them up with trace particles (pretty easy to get, try Rolor nebula or Delta Volnaris) even though it takes some time and if you have a green(40% i assume)/blue(60%)/purple(80% but expensive) Astronomic Officer (the one that gives a better chance of getting an additional trace particle), you have 3 days between NADoRC...and if you have more characters...even more EC Powered Alien Artifacts sell (last i checked was about 3-4 days ago) for about 1.4m. even if you buy 1 each of the particle traces you still make a profit.

DOFFJOBS is VERY useful for finding doff assignments from other players. just type /channel_join DOFFJOBS into the chat box or look(search) for it under chat options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
I should note that this works best when you empty your inventory before running the mission, or else you may end up having to use the replicator to recycle some things along the way.
Never, ever sell items to the replicator. Ever. You only get 40%. Which is not bad, but if you sell to a proper store, that extra 10% can be 10k ec or more.

Instead, sell to the dil store. You get the full 50% you would get anywhere else, AND it's available anywhere in-game. So you can sell in the middle of a mission.
Commander
# 7
01-28-2013, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp101287 View Post
Instead, sell to the dil store. You get the full 50% you would get anywhere else, AND it's available anywhere in-game. So you can sell in the middle of a mission.
This is valuable information.

He's dead, Jim.
Captain
# 8
01-28-2013, 10:49 AM
Tour the universe 1hour 1.7mil +

Borg engines, Raiding Party and Diplomatic Immunity (normally from people around Wolf 359), Purple Astrometrics Doff

After getting the Tour from the chap in the club

Leave Sol space and head for beta Urse

As soon as you transfer to Beta do a quick instance swap and you will be at the far end

From there head up to Orellis and complete there and hang a right into Eta Erandi space
go through EE as quick as you can and head to Omega Leonis and through the Klingon Gate to Borg space

When in Borg space head for the very centre point, by going through the very centre it hits all 4 sections and head straight for Fluidic space

When there you can head back to Sol via transwarp (should be on a 4-5minute timer with a purple astrometrics) - if not just before the tour get the stranded in spae assignment - it takes you just outside of sol for 100ec and reverse to sol

End the tour mission and get it again - repeat every 5 or so minutes for 200k per run
Captain
# 9
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Buying and cracking open Doff packs (reinforcement and gamma) on KDf side is a decent way to earn, too.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
play stfs and use dilth to doff packs 3-4mil each pack with dilth exchange rate its easy to get enough zen.