Ensign
# 101
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
Not sure if this is related to the gateway or not, but I had been unable to access my fleets via pidgin/xmpp starting around the time the gateway stuff started.

All my fleets are back ! Good work guys!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 102
01-25-2013, 05:26 PM
Those of you who have been trying the Gateway Beta know that it's been a rough couple days. We're working hard on fixing the problems as soon as we see them. We truly appreciate the feedback you're giving and appreciate the perseverance it takes to use beta software.

psiameese: Good point on the order of the logs. We'll fix that.

tk79 andlostpinky101: At this time, we're focusing all our energy on making a good

Starting with yesterday's (25 Jan) update, the Account Guard identifier is no longer associated with your IP address. (This means that you may need to enter one more code, and then you'll be in the clear for 30 days or so.) If this isn't the case, let us know.
Ensign
# 103
01-26-2013, 06:29 PM
My computer is able to access the gateway on Firefox, but my phone still gets a message of STO being down.. The only reason I would use the gateway is for my phone to access away from the computer.
Commander
# 104
01-27-2013, 04:00 AM
Manged to get onto the Gateway briefly. The character selection takes an age to pull up the list of characters. Kicked out a number of times, getting the "Gateway s current under maintenance message.

I'm looking at the gateway again because I'm interested in the "Fleet support" and wanted to see what is was like.

What I was hoping was a better view / interface into the Roster. The in-game roster holds 80% of the information that we are interested in for managing a fleet of 200+ registered, but the sorting on the screen doesn't work correctly for anything other than Name and Rank.

It would be useful if the roster screen split out the account name from the character name. This would simplify making sure that all of a member's characters are the same rank. It would also aid in seeing the total fleet contribution an account has made. And please show a larger number of rows. I can copy and parse the HTML to split the name myself, but would need a large number of rows to make that worthwhile.

I got the feeling that the roster screen auto-refreshed, at which point I was kicked out. I wouldn't mind if the auto-refresh was dropped.

What I would love would be an Atom data feed of the Fleet roster and it wouldn't have to be real-time, a 24hr update would be fine.

What would other people like to see on the Roster screen?

Edit: I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with both 32-bit and 64-bit IE9.
Ensign
# 105 Fleet Info added to Gateway
01-27-2013, 05:03 AM
I was on the gateway and noticed there is now a 'fleet' section.

Can anyone else confirm that this is new?
Lieutenant
# 106
01-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stohayden View Post
I was on the gateway and noticed there is now a 'fleet' section.

Can anyone else confirm that this is new?
I guess this would only show up for those in a fleet... All mine shows is gear for my ship and crew...

I am still waiting for them to add the DOFF duty management... Would give me something to do while I am at work on my lunch break.
ODYSSEY SCIENCE CRUISER - U.S.S. MAIDEN TORONTO NX-971312-B
VESTA MULTI-MISSION SURVEILLANCE EXPLORER - U.S.S. HOPE IN HELL NX-902013-A
Fleet member of Access Denied
Ensign
# 107
01-27-2013, 05:40 AM
It's true that for my characters not in a fleet the tab did not show.
Career Officer
# 108 Gateway API
01-28-2013, 01:14 AM
So hi cryptic/pwe web-devs whoever it concerns:

I'd love... I'd really LOVE a web API for the gateway to use on our own webpages.

It would be nice if we could get import data from the gateway to fetch such things as characters, fleet, possibly items and so on from gateway for our webpages to ease the creation of member profiles ported directly from STO.

Now obviously this would require certain security features, but I'd really love such a function.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Cryptic Studios Team
# 109
01-28-2013, 04:39 PM
The bad news is that we confirm that there was a problem with Safari logins. :-( Thank you for the reports. The good news is that a fix has been applied!

There is also an event which occurs which drops everyone on Gateway. We have a fix for this, but it needs to go through QA first. At the moment, it happens once every couple hours.

There is at least one problem in the client which causes a disconnection you. (You'll get the Disconnected dialog box pop up.) We're working on that too.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 110
01-28-2013, 04:40 PM
If you are "visiting" a Fleet page (i.e. not a member) you see less information than someone who is a member. You see just enough to know some basics about the fleet and contact the top officers.
Closed Thread