Lt. Commander
# 61
01-28-2013, 07:04 AM
my suspicions for this patch is they are doing it because they want people to put the jem set on the ambassador class ship when it comes out
Career Officer
# 62
01-28-2013, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordlalo View Post
I can understand a weekly patch -- I actually appreciate it. But I don't appreciate making plans in game to have it squashed by a patch that no one knew about until the day before -- especially to (as the patch notes said) to simply upgrade the stats on a single ship equipment set. It just seems a bit ridiculous to take the server down for 2 hours to do that....
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow, Monday, January 28th, at 7AM PST (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch.

It's not only the patch, but also the maintenance. The maintenance is usually 2 hours, so looks legit.
Career Officer
# 63
01-28-2013, 07:17 AM
This is mainly to fix the issue of people making NPCs at ESD attack players, also to stop the fighting at Drozana Station.
Lieutenant
# 64
01-28-2013, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
The Mk XI set as it stands is next to useless in elite STFs, the Mk XII set added very little. No stealth nerfs were needed as this attractive set was already severely under powered. The listed patch notes don't go as far as Borticus said they would, this may just be a patch note shortcoming, we shall see soon enough.
but not totally useless. I still use use the Jemmie set on my fleet saber and I can rock out pretty ok in PVE content. No tanking of anything big mind you because spheres and cubes make me their biatch but for probe duty and support, I'm pretty ok I know my role, lol
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 65
01-28-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlanced View Post
This is mainly to fix the issue of people making NPCs at ESD attack players, also to stop the fighting at Drozana Station.
This is correct and the reason for today's patch It fixes the exploit that allowed players to be griefed by confused NPCs. W're also conducting maintenance since we're bringing the server down, and the other fix happened to be ready so was included in the patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 66
01-28-2013, 07:25 AM
Is this patch why I'm getting an 'unable to establish connection to patch server' message? I really hope so, 'cos otherwise I'll have try and fix it with my total lack of computer knowledge... s'just it doesn't normally cause problems like this. :/
Career Officer
# 67
01-28-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is correct and the reason for today's patch It fixes the exploit that allowed players to be griefed by confused NPCs. W're also conducting maintenance since we're bringing the server down, and the other fix happened to be ready so was included in the patch.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Yay! I was correct! What do I win???
Career Officer
# 68
01-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is excellent news. Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmal3 View Post
Is this patch why I'm getting an 'unable to establish connection to patch server' message?
I'm getting the same error message, so you're not alone.
Career Officer
# 69
01-28-2013, 07:39 AM
They should give us two more hours of Q for this. We should not be penalized for their scheduled maintenance.
So, I just push the buttons and things blow up? Fascinating...
Career Officer
# 70
01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
I just hope I can get in an buy a couple keys while still on sale.
Closed Thread