Lieutenant
# 451
01-17-2013, 08:10 AM
All I want to do is activate torpedo spread/high yield before launching my torpedoes on the same key.

I've tried to read and understand the guide and have tried a few variations found within:

/bind 2 +TrayExecByTray 0 1 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps

or

/bind 2 +TrayExecByTray 0 1 $$ +TrayExecByTray 0 7

0 1 is the location of TS1, I have moved my torpedoes to slot 0 7. I have tried reversing the slot orders in the bind command, I have tried not leaving spaces on either side of the $$, I have made sure to wait at least a half second, usually 1 second between presses.

I would appreciate if someone will kindly show this fool what he is doing wrong.

Thanks!
Empire Veteran
# 452
01-17-2013, 09:59 AM
you could try using the "+trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 x x x x" command where the "x" is you two tray slots. Put the HY/TS in the second slot and the Torpedo tray slot in the first.

or you could just stick HY/TS in your regualr spamed keybind and hit the key to launch at your discretion.
STO is very much an Adam One culture and completely inarticulate about Adam Two.
Lieutenant
# 453
01-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Ok this is what I'm getting:

"TrayExecByTrayWithBackup" takes 5 argument(s).

I am inputting:

/bind 2 +trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 0 7 0 2
Career Officer
# 454
01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
/bind 2 +TrayExecByTray 0 1 $$ GenSendMessage HUD_Root FireTorps
First of all, remember that commands are executed in reverse order, from right to left. In your first try, you were firing torpedoes before triggering the power. You also failed to put the commands in quotation marks, so I'm not sure that even works.

Regardless, I find it's very unreliable about what ability is fired first. I recommend doing it manually, and leaving multi-command keybinds to things that don't care about order of activation.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 455
01-18-2013, 07:38 PM
@dummyname,

bitemepwe's suggestion sounds like a good trick, which I should definitely try out.
In my case, I don't keybind the weapon buff and the fire button on the same key. I've tried it before it's not very reliable. They say the keybinds trigger abilities from right to left, but I've always seen exceptions to that rule enough that forced me to change things around (it does right to left the majority of the time though).

An example: I use 1 to buff up mines with dispersal pattern beta iii and 2 to launch the mines. So everytime a mine is loaded and ready, I just press 1 then 2. Another example from my personal repertoire: I keybind q for all the other buffs (dps and shields) and use the default space bar to fire once I've buffed up. Simple but efficient.

Hey Cryptic, can you DPS this Error ID 30191178 so that I can play?
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Career Officer
# 456
01-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Dummyname, there is no + prefixing the trayexecbytraywithbackup command. Just use /bind 2 trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 0 7 0 2

However, in the end I don't believe you will get what you want. The devs have strived to limit the "I win" button for a reason. The backup command is best used if you have multiples of the same ability. I usually use it for heals, I hit my shield heal and it will use whatever is available. In reality, my main reason for using it is to turn off the failure to activate sound. You know the one that sounds if you try to activate a power if it is in cooldown. With the backup command, it mutes that alert.

DarkJeff, the commands don't always flow backwards. They might with a large bind to a key, but this is not guaranteed. But I agree with your supposition, it is more reliable to just hit the torpedo upgrade ability prior to launching as opposed to relying on a keybind.
Career Officer
# 457
01-23-2013, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabelgrave View Post
<key> "GenButtonClick Needorgreed_Need"
<key> "GenButtonClick Needorgreed_Greed"
Is it possible that these commands have been disabled? I do not seem to get it to work.
Career Officer
# 458
01-28-2013, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bds007 View Post
Dummyname, there is no + prefixing the trayexecbytraywithbackup command. Just use /bind 2 trayexecbytraywithbackup 1 0 7 0 2
I want to note that contrary to what the command name may imply, this will actually cause the "2" key to fire off Tray 1, Slot 8 and Tray 1, Slot 3 sequentially.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Starfleet Veteran
# 459
02-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Tired of mouse lag while trying to use the Exchange or play Dabo? Try these keybinds I just came up with:

<key> "GenButtonClick Auction_Buy_Purchasebutton"
<key> "/GenButtonClick Dabo_Placebet_Button"

Working from those, I'm sure there is also a keybind to refresh the Exchange. I just haven't gotten around to figuring it out.
Ensign
# 460
02-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi, lots of interesting info in here, thanks for thread, but since i'm a relative newb at STO, first federation toon level 45 admiral, it's all still a bit over my head right. What i want to do is probably quite simple, instead of using both left and right mouse button to steer my ship, i want to use just the right mouse button, what command would i need to input to accomplish this? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.