Captain
# 111
01-28-2013, 08:57 AM
Main thing is we finally have a Cryptic guy working WITH us (PVP crowd) now. Based on the last few patch notes, seems like the tides are starting to turn against the years of PVP neglect.

Granted, they will make mistakes here and there, but lets make sure we don't kick them for trying or else they might leave like the others before them ( Just messing )

So, lets recap,

FAW - Being worked on as we speak
Tric Mines - Being worked on
Temporal set - Planned for future?
Nerfing Shield Dist DOFF - Complete
Nerfing Borg set - Complete
Making old space sets viable for PVP like Aegis - WIP?
Making Jem Hadar MK XII set more appealing - Waiting for patch to check out
Science abilities rebalanced - Awaiting a good response from Cryptic
Tachyon Mines - Awaiting response

On the whole, I've never seen this many positive steps taken by Cryptic for the PVP element of the game.

Starting to make me believe again

GG Cryptic, keep it up
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles

Last edited by naz4; 01-28-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Captain
# 112
01-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
On the whole, I've never seen this many positive steps taken by Cryptic for the PVP element of the game.
Not to be a sourpuss, but for many of those things - they've acknowledged they were PvE fixes - not fixes for PvP specifically. They're good for PvP in many cases, but let's not kid ourselves...

Still, thanks for addressing things in a faster fashion - working more with the community at large - testing, etc, etc, etc - whether it's PvE or PvP... there's no denying that's a plus and a definite thumbs up for Cryptic.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Cryptic Studios Team
# 113
01-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Quote:
FAW - Being worked on as we speak
Tric Mines - Being worked on
Temporal set - Planned for future?
Nerfing Shield Dist DOFF - Complete
Nerfing Borg set - Complete
Making old space sets viable for PVP like Aegis - WIP?
Making Jem Hadar MK XII set more appealing - Waiting for patch to check out
Science abilities rebalanced - Awaiting a good response from Cryptic
Tachyon Mines - Awaiting response
FAW = See this thread. Should be fixed, and now will enter a tuning phase.

Tric Mines = Watch Tribble for an update in the near future. Short version: Cooldown reduction, without a DPS modification (less damage per hit/volley, more frequent launches).

Temporal Set = I presume this is regarding Mine interaction? We've been trying to find a way to make Mines not activate if they're in the area affected by the Time Stop bubble. Work in progress.

Aegis Upgrade = Planned to be a part of any Crafting Update we undertake. Don't expect changes until then.

Science Abilities Rebalanced = Ongoing review. Very large task. May come hand-in-hand with Tactical Ability changes. We don't feel like APs should affect Sci abilities, e.g.

Tachyon Mines = Is this regarding the shared cooldown with Tachyon Beam? Fixed internally. Was there additional concern?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lieutenant
# 114
01-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Tric Mines = Watch Tribble for an update in the near future. Short version: Cooldown reduction, without a DPS modification (less damage per hit/volley, more frequent launches).

Temporal Set = I presume this is regarding Mine interaction? We've been trying to find a way to make Mines not activate if they're in the area affected by the Time Stop bubble. Work in progress.

Aegis Upgrade = Planned to be a part of any Crafting Update we undertake. Don't expect changes until then.

Science Abilities Rebalanced = Ongoing review. Very large task. May come hand-in-hand with Tactical Ability changes. We don't feel like APs should affect Sci abilities, e.g.

Tachyon Mines = Is this regarding the shared cooldown with Tachyon Beam? Fixed internally. Was there additional concern?
For the mines issue, maybe make it when the bubble hits them a state to turn off movement happens for the duration of the bubble since it's a fixed time?

On a side note, the Jem set didn't get the Polaron buff as you had listed before or the regen buff (though I'm not upset about the regen as I feel that's crossing a line buff wise) and it still costs 200 lobi in the lobi store instead of 150.
Captain
# 115
01-28-2013, 09:58 AM
In regard to the Temporal stuff, I had posted this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=511221

Does anybody else experience this issue? It's gotten some views, but nobody (not just Devs, don't expect that honestly) has said whether they do or don't have the same issue...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
I.S.S. Arcadia, Mirror Universe Heavy Cruiser Retrofit
Career Officer
# 116
01-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:

These mines do not do any shield damage. We should keep this in mind. These mines do not appear in the combat log. They apply a negative shield regeneration on the people affected for the duration of the debuff. If every mine does a -700 regeneration per second over 7 mines, you will apply a -4900 shield regeneration on the target, per second. This is per shield facing! So in affect you are stripping off 19600 shields per second, not accounting for the base shield regeneration of your shields.
This debuff will be placed on anyone that is with in the AOE of the mines. Therefore, if placed on the whole team you will be seeing a massive shield loss.

What we haven't seen yet is a team using Gravity Well with 3 x DP3 = 14 mines x 3 = 42 mines = -29400 shield regen and a full Torpedo Spread. That would be 117600 shield loss per second. RSP won't help if they are not shooting at you.

I have been able to get my mines to -840 regen using Flow capacitor boosts.

Insulators should do a bit more against these mines, and maybe shield power level as well. also bort the cd on these mines gets reduced with using a dispersal pattern. that is a bug.
Career Officer
# 117
01-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
F
The main concern is how (overly) powerful they are, Broken has given you a rundown on them.

Captain
# 118
01-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:

faw- good

tric mines- where the frack did this idea come from? the MAJOR issue with tric mines isnt just their issue. its the "one critz they all crit" issue thats plaguing several other abilities as well.

temporal set- the issue of that there is absolutly no soft counters or even hard counters to any othe temporal abilities. "everyone freeze!" cant be resisted/reduced which is a major no-no for the game, and the 3 piece set of cooldown slowdown cant be resisted either.

aegis and several other sets all need a going over, but i have a feeling they wont get anywhere near as much love as the "reputation items" that can be gotten now.

science is very important to this game in pvp, and its very distressing to see you say its a very large task... yet you guys keep adding in things that will make the future balancing of science in this game even more needlessly difficult because of your (not u personally) short sightedness.

its good that tachyon mines will be fixed* yet again (even though patch notes said it was fixed a couple weeks ago) but the issue hes probably speaking of is the insane "damage" they can do that cant be resisted very well/if at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 119
01-28-2013, 10:27 AM
The assumption that Tach Mines do negative Regen-over-Time is a fault of our tooltip auto-description code (and mine for not noticing and fixing the description when they first went live).

Their shield drain is an instant effect, so calling it Shield Regeneration is a misnomer. I realize it's hard to see and verify this without Combat Log reporting (another issue we're attempting to tackle right now). But I guarantee it's an instant effect and not a "per tick" amount of damage.

The debuff you see applied for a few seconds after a hit is a Shield Softening debuff, which causes any damage done against your Shield to be amplified.

They still may be too powerful with the correct buffing, so we'll look into it. I just figured I'd try and correct that bit of misinformation.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 120
01-28-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post

its good that tachyon mines will be fixed* yet again (even though patch notes said it was fixed a couple weeks ago) but the issue hes probably speaking of is the insane "damage" they can do that cant be resisted very well/if at all.
they cant be, you get hit by a 7 sec debuff. that means no sheild regen for you. that also means its very hard to heal up your sheilds. also that means 1 volley and you have no sheilds. that also means i use a dp make 7 mines and i get to do it again 12 secs later. dp loves to reduce cd with these mines. i wonder if thats due to not able to have 2 of these mines? these mines really need to just be deleted. i dont mind losing rl$ in the process. for anyone that thinks these mines arent so bad just go into the hive with just 1 guy using dp1. what what happeneds to all the tact cubes and then the queen. heck just go into ka space elite and watch what it does to the boss.