Lt. Commander
# 11
09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Will there be an option to reset as in Star Wars Galaxies where you can reset your skill points and redistribute them or are you stuck with your skill choices for life?
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
The single most important question that I have is this. If after spending your skill points and advancing one maybe two rranks. You decide that your current choice of path just isn't working out for you. Will you have the ability to respec. And if so will there be a penalty?
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-16-2009, 07:12 PM
What will the Klingon ranks look like... probably not a pressing question, but I'm interested in it. Would the last rank be General or Admiral?
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-16-2009, 07:13 PM
Sounds good. But are we limited to one branch? say I'm Engineering and I go down maintenance and then later I decide I also want to do some in Modification. Are we limited to one branch or can we go all out and get them all?
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-16-2009, 07:21 PM
That's good info. Thanks, Rekhan!
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofhyrule730 View Post
Did I miss the part where we ask questions to get "Ask Cryptic" answers?
Yep. A couple of "Ask Cryptic"s ago, they changed it so that they give us some basic info to base our questions on, then answer some of the questions we ask.

Which brings me to my question: From the provided info, we know once you allocate a certain number of skill points, you are offered a promotion. When we are offered the promotion, will we have to do anything else (a minigame of some sort, some inaugural mission, a holodeck "test" ala Troi in Thine Own Self, etc.)?

Or did I misread the provided info altogether and it's not just skill point allocation which determines rank?
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Great, when is the Chat for this being held?
Lt. Commander
# 18
09-16-2009, 07:31 PM
Ok here's a question:

Will there be a soft cap / hard cap / no cap to the amount of skills you can learn, or is it actually possible to have everything? In other words, does it becomes progressively harder to acquire more skill points that you can redistribute, or does the "10 skill point quest" always gives 10 sp no matter what and then just, you know, rewards "Gold"?
Lt. Commander
# 19
09-16-2009, 07:39 PM
1) How many skills are there at the broadest part of the pyramid? Is there a cap limit for each skill? Do they vary in maximum value or is it all 100 for example.

2) By the time I reach Admiral, will my skills be locked or will I be able to max out every skill eventually?

Quote:
All of a character’s skills influence their potency with their career abilities, as well as their equipped Kit (which grants additional abilities suited to a particular specialty of their chosen career). A character will collect several Kits as they advance in rank, allowing their role or ‘spec’ to change by equipping the Kit that contains the abilities they currently need for the mission.
3) Is it possible to go into a bit more detail regarding Kits...what is a Kit exactly?

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 20
09-16-2009, 07:41 PM
good stuff... have to think about what it means and discuss before I get some good questions....