Captain
# 11
01-28-2013, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysmith1 View Post
I created a map on Foundry and Published it just to test this theory.
It was so high that the Ground map was just this little blurry square in the distance and when I jumped I felt my gut rise... kinda wierd given it's a game but I'm sure I'm not the only one... but anyway... nothing, it always takes you down to minimal health but never kills you.

I felt like that nerd in Goldeneye; "I AM INVINCIBLE"

Needless to say..is it still published and secondly...any way of rigging an explosive to catapult boffs off the platform and onto the ground below?

Bonus points if you can set it up to launch mobs off the platform
Rihannsu
# 12
01-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csgtmyork View Post
A friend and I decided to find the highest place in STO and jump off.... So we got onto this cliff on Vulcan. I mean, we were really high. Jumped off the first time and took 350-400 damage. We never got killed though. And we never got much more than 400.
That would be Mt. Selaya.....

I have been KOed from falls in some missions, but.... that seems to be more due to falling into something. The Facility 4028 mission has pits you can get KOed by falling into. But.... it's not the height that gets you.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 13
01-28-2013, 09:06 AM
I've tested some missions in The Foundry, where a platform is 1000 meters above ground. I jump! But... all my health is gone, but I never died or incapped.

As for stupid things to do in STO, how about sitting in the center of the Gateway in STFs and firing? Oh wait, I survived, so I guess it's just talent and not stupidity.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 14
01-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Falling damage itself will always leave you with 1HP at minimum. You cannot die from falling.

However, if there's an enemy at the bottom, or you fall into a dot volume of some sort (fire, acid, etc.) that can tick off that last hp in a moment.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Community Moderator
# 15
01-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Falling damage itself will always leave you with 1HP at minimum. You cannot die from falling.

However, if there's an enemy at the bottom, or you fall into a dot volume of some sort (fire, acid, etc.) that can tick off that last hp in a moment.
Ah, the good old days of City of Heroes, when the default for Teleport Friend was not to prompt. I used to accept unsolicited team invites, go to the top of a building, and TF lowbies into the air over higher-level mobs. Good times!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
01-28-2013, 10:51 AM
It will kill BOFFs.

Funny story: one of our usual Foundry custom building techniques is to build high up in the air over a ground map. So one day I was testing a mission that included an "airlock" I wanted the player to blow an NPC out of it, so I had to create an airlock with a forcefield floor that could be turned off so the NPC would fall. The airlock had a little "window" so you could see in, but it isn't actually a solid window and as it turns out its big enough to jump through, which one of my fellow playtesters did. He promptly fell about 500 meters to an empty ground and had no way of getting back.

So based on that, now I always put an invisible wall to prevent falling. Or for those who just can't resist jumping, I put an NPC on the ground who makes fun of you and then spawns a couple dozen targs to kill you so you respawn back where you should.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
01-28-2013, 10:58 AM
I accidently beamed into a Blue Limbo Space (since it was blue, and can't think of a better way to describe it) and "fell" for about 5 minutes. When I finally hit "ground" I had lost about 2/3's of my hit points, but still survived. Had to revive my Boffs though
Rihannsu
# 18
01-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post

What did you guys use in Facility 4028?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
01-28-2013, 01:18 PM
We can create a volume that kills you instantly (as in 4028)
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 20
01-28-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
Ah, the good old days of City of Heroes, when the default for Teleport Friend was not to prompt. I used to accept unsolicited team invites, go to the top of a building, and TF lowbies into the air over higher-level mobs. Good times!
Amazing the number of people who used to try that with my Warshade...