Career Officer
# 51
01-28-2013, 11:00 AM
Won't reapeat what has been said before but i take it this has been going on all day. Been at work since 7am get home and find that nothing works!

Fantastic!

What really annoys me is that there is no news on the main page so you have no idea what is going on. Especially when it says the servers are up, and i have to dig around for a while to find out whats going on.
Empire Veteran
# 52
01-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividh View Post
Im having the exact same issue - tried downloading the exe - no help

FYI - I am in Dubai - Using a 32MB connection - was working JUST fine before the update - then stopped around 30mins before the update started - spend 2 hours trying to figure out how to make it work - below is my temporary solution

SOLUTION

1. Download Hotspot Shield
2. Install it and get it set up
3. Launcher then works
4. Get into the game (at esd or something)
5. Disconnect HSS
6. Log in (game login screen - not launcher)
7. WORKS FINE

I hate doing this everytime I log in... but its working for me right now - Cryptic please solve this problem - when I run the nettest and the other test (dont remember what its called) it gives a negative result (something to do with your cogentco - since it fails to connect there)
Post your launcher if it works please
Ensign
# 53
01-28-2013, 11:04 AM
hi ya

UK player

launcher ok this morning now getting this error.

error message, trying to update the launcher but after 2 tries it times out. -unable to create link to patch server.

downloaded the launcher from the link as well buy still no joy.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
01-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah am in the UK and am having the same problems
Career Officer
# 55
01-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskiss766 View Post
Post your launcher if it works please
Its the same launcher I had before - Using hotspot i was able to update the game and start it up... btw - how do i post that launcher (although i dont think it will work) XD?
Empire Veteran
# 56
01-28-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vividh View Post
Its the same launcher I had before - Using hotspot i was able to update the game and start it up... btw - how do i post that launcher (although i dont think it will work) XD?
Use website hotsing like mediafire, upload laucher and mediafire gives you a link, then you can share it
Ensign
# 57
01-28-2013, 11:07 AM
I'm in southern US and I'm getting the same error. Played last night, this morning it wouldn't work.
Career Officer
# 58
01-28-2013, 11:09 AM
I am sick of this, every time you patch the game i get this same issues.

I really want to become a lifetime STO player, but this problem and the bloody FLASHLIGHT that doesn't work means i shall just not bother.

I hate to complain, but this is just turning into too much hassle.
Lieutenant
# 59
01-28-2013, 11:13 AM
Hi
My Launcher won't work. i can't even log in. i love the game and hope to have this issue resolved as soon as possible. the error messages say :- Unable to establish connection to Patch Server. Please check your internet connection. if problems persist, pleasr contact Technical Support. i tried downloading the patch at the top of this page but that didn't work either. my internet connection is fine.
thanks for assistance
ussdanube
Ensign
# 60
01-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Same for me, UK player, everything was fine this morning and now I can't open the launcher as it wont update. Downloaded from the link but no joy.